Appliques and such

Hello

So I'm coming back to play after a long hiatus and I have no idea how to use the appliques. I saw you need to craft a witch hat too, but I have no idea how you do that. I bought them, but I'm not sure how to use them. I saw in the blog it says you need spider scissors and Baumwolltasche, but I don't know where to get those. Anyways, if you could help answer my questions to do this it would be much appreciated!

Thanks!!

Comments

• Hi blueburg!

There's a lot of steps to making a hat! I'll try to detail them as much as possible below. 

First, you need to start training! Training allows you to use the machines in the crafting shop, and without the training first you won't be able to make a hat! The books for training can be found in Merlin's Magic Shoppe under the "Books" Category. For making the new gossamer witch hat, I recommend purchasing and "reading" the following books:
    Skill Book - Basic Gossamer Spinning - Level 1
    Skill Book - Basic Gossamer Weaving - Level 1
    Skill Book - Basic Gossamer Tailoring - Level 1
    You may need to do the following as well, but I am not 100% sure:
    Skill Book - Spinning - Level 1
    Skill Book - Weaving - Level 1
    Skill Book - Tailoring - Level 1

To actually train on these books after purchasing them, you go under the MENU and click the Training tab!

While you are training on those, you can start collecting the necessary materials you will need to craft your hat!
    The baumwolltasche can be purchased at Merlin's under the Specials Category as well as the Spider Silk Scissors. You need to wear both of these items on your character in order to harvest webs. Once you are wearing them, you can walk around the kingdom and click on the spider webs you see! It takes about a minute to harvest a spider web, so make sure you have plenty of time!

There are three different types of spider web as well, and for the hat you want to make you will need all three!
    There is:
    Gossamer Web - Shadow
    Gossamer Web - Light and
    Gossamer Web
    All three can be found out and about the kingdom.

Once you have gathered enough you can take them to the crafting shop in medieval age! You need three of one kind of web to spin it into a thread. So, for example, you need three Gossamer Web - Shadow to make one Gossamer Thread Shadow.

Once you have three Gossamer Thread of a kind (which are made by having 9 webs) you can make ONE Gossamer Cloth by weaving!

To make the Witch Hats, you will need one of each of the threads and one of each of the cloths (Shadow, Regular, and Light) as well as the dye you want to use, pattern, and applique. All of these are placed into the window that pops up when you click on the tailoring table.

I can explain the tailoring / crafting portion more if you need me to, just let me know!

Hope this help! :)
  • edited October 2020
    Paintcan said:

Hi blueburg!

There's a lot of steps to making a hat! I'll try to detail them as much as possible below. 

First, you need to start training! Training allows you to use the machines in the crafting shop, and without the training first you won't be able to make a hat! The books for training can be found in Merlin's Magic Shoppe under the "Books" Category. For making the new gossamer witch hat, I recommend purchasing and "reading" the following books:
    Skill Book - Basic Gossamer Spinning - Level 1
    Skill Book - Basic Gossamer Weaving - Level 1
    Skill Book - Basic Gossamer Tailoring - Level 1
    You may need to do the following as well, but I am not 100% sure:
    Skill Book - Spinning - Level 1
    Skill Book - Weaving - Level 1
    Skill Book - Tailoring - Level 1

To actually train on these books after purchasing them, you go under the MENU and click the Training tab!

While you are training on those, you can start collecting the necessary materials you will need to craft your hat!
    The baumwolltasche can be purchased at Merlin's under the Specials Category as well as the Spider Silk Scissors. You need to wear both of these items on your character in order to harvest webs. Once you are wearing them, you can walk around the kingdom and click on the spider webs you see! It takes about a minute to harvest a spider web, so make sure you have plenty of time!

There are three different types of spider web as well, and for the hat you want to make you will need all three!
    There is:
    Gossamer Web - Shadow
    Gossamer Web - Light and
    Gossamer Web
    All three can be found out and about the kingdom.

Once you have gathered enough you can take them to the crafting shop in medieval age! You need three of one kind of web to spin it into a thread. So, for example, you need three Gossamer Web - Shadow to make one Gossamer Thread Shadow.

Once you have three Gossamer Thread of a kind (which are made by having 9 webs) you can make ONE Gossamer Cloth by weaving!

To make the Witch Hats, you will need one of each of the threads and one of each of the cloths (Shadow, Regular, and Light) as well as the dye you want to use, pattern, and applique. All of these are placed into the window that pops up when you click on the tailoring table.

I can explain the tailoring / crafting portion more if you need me to, just let me know!

Hope this help! :)
    This was sooo helpuful! Thank you!! Yes, can you tell me more about
    crafting it once I get trained and collect the items? Where are the
    machines you make them at? And where do you get the dyes?

Thanks in advance! This has all been super helpful!

• hi Blueburg!

Sorry it took me so long to respond. Here's some more information!

The building where you can craft items is located at the Gate House in Medieval Age. I marked the door to enter by a red circle in the screenshot below!

Spoiler:
    Screen Shot 2020-10-17 at 12.44.24 AM

After you entered, this is what the inside looks like!

Spoiler:
    Screen Shot 2020-10-17 at 12.44.38 AM

The machine circled in red is for Spinning! This is the first step to creating your hat. You sit down here and the machine will take three Gossamer Web of your selection (you will see the menu when you click on the machine and sit down) and give you one Gossamer Thread.

The machine circled in blue is the next step. After you have spun three Gossamer Thread, you sit at the Weaver and it will take three Gossamer Thread and weave it into one Gossamer Cloth.

The machine circled in yellow is for tailoring! Once you have acquired all of the necessary items (the necessary items for a witch hat are detailed in the screenshot below) you place all of the items required to make what you want to make into the window that pops up. Once you place the correct items and submit you will have made your first witch hat!!

Spoiler:
    Screen Shot 2020-10-17 at 12.45.25 AM

Let me know if you have any more questions about the process! I am more than happy to help! :)