2020 Sand Caslte Contest Judging!! (Share Thread)

edited August 2020 in General
Hi all, I noticed there was not a board yet for people to talk about and share rooms they saw when judging. Therefor, I made a thread for it. Feel free to post below about your favorite rooms you saw while judging, or better yet.. pictures for all to see. I have already seen some castles I completely LOVE!! I will share pictures of them after a little while. I am still judging at the moment. Anyway, share away!

Please keep this thread positive and kind. Also, please do not reveal who's room is who's or share which room is yours until after judging officially ends. I want to keep the judging as fair as possible and non-bias.

waterfallglow signature

my signature was drawn by waterfallglow (me)! I did this completely myself using Paint program. :) ^_^

Comments

• Screen Shot 2020-08-28 at 11.21.54 PM
    Screen Shot 2020-08-28 at 11.13.47 PM
    I couldn't take pictures of all the rooms bc I was getting too much lag. However I managed to get these two. I loved these two rooms, unfortunately I couldn't get the whole picture of the rooms.

bepannah01
  • Whoa! I LOVE that Mark Twain Boat one!! :O Thank you for sharing!

waterfallglow signature

my signature was drawn by waterfallglow (me)! I did this completely myself using Paint program. :) ^_^

• edited August 2020
    I finished judging! Was happy to get so many great castles while judging!! I shared pictures below of some of the rooms I was able to get screenshots of. I stupidly and accidentally forgot to get pictures of some of the castles that I really really loved. I wish I had gotten screenshots of them to share and I do apologize to whoever the players are that built them for not being able to show pictures. One of them was called "Knights School" and was such a cute and nicely built entry. I also got an entry based off of the "I Lava You" Pixar Short. Made me giggle inside of it's cuteness! It had some nice details like how the player did the ocean waves and wrote "I Lava You" in the waves. Then there was this other ruin castle. I forget the the name of it sadly but it was nicely built. It was of these destroyed castle ruins and the room description talked about how the player could relate to the destroyed castle ruins. I could sense the depth of meaning behind the entry.  

This room, called "Swan Song" is my absolute favorite one I saw this year! My first thought when I saw it was how pretty it was! It was cleanly done, a pleasure to judge and lovely to see. 
    Swans Song_______________

This entry below was so splendidly built! I was very impressed with it and especially how the player used the ocean scenery that came with the room to make a pond in the bottom left corner. The details around the castle itself was very well done too.
    Sojourn To The goddess _______________

This one had a pretty poem in the description! I enjoyed reading it and judging the room. I liked how the player showed distance in the room by having small people off in the distance and bigger people closer in view. The bridge was really really cool as well!
    Morning Has Broken Like The First Morning
    Morning Has Broken Like The First Morning (Poem)

waterfallglow signature

• Love the atmosphere in this room. 

Moonlight Cafe
  • edited August 2020
    @Tatiana_SilverHeart Thank you so much for sharing! Actually, the first picture you shared was the castle ruins one I talked about in my post. I had forgotten to get a screenshot of it before I went to the next room to judge. So glad you got a pic of it and shared it here! :)

waterfallglow signature

• I loved that little cafe room. It was so unique. my_ship_sails_in_the_morning (1)
    my_ship_sails_in_the_morning
    air_jet
    my_ship_sails_in_the_morning (2)
    ship_sail
    cutelina
  • I'm just going to post pictures of the rooms that I saw a lot of people did not get to see them.AngelKat Contest Room - Completed
    BlueCuriosForest
    Picture 005
    Picture 009
    Picture 012
  • edited August 2020
    Picture 018
    Picture 020
    Picture 026
    Picture 027
    Picture 030
    Picture 031
    Picture 034
  • So sorry please forgive the duplicates, it would not let me delete them from the post, these are all of the rooms I saw, some of them were fantastic.
  • I found both of my entries. I'm happy you shared them.
    cutelina
  • thanks for posting all these @AngelKat !  so great to see all these rooms i missed.

we are some creative bunch here at vfk!  such beautiful rooms, from the plethora of the most complex to the more simple builds - they all look great and show such wonderful imagination (and patience!!)

congratulations to everyone - whether you placed or not - you all did a Great Job!

mega hugs vfk!

frozen

MMMMMMM …. CHOCOLATE!!!!!!