Epic Ages stand-alone

edited January 2020 in VFK Developer Ideas!
While I love the EA desktop program, there's no ability for me to make it show fullscreen.  Fullscreen button/option within the program does nothing.  And the default size I see on my screen is way too tiny for me to read text.  I have to change my entire screen resolution if I want to use the EA program.

My view (1920x1080p):

Screenshot_161

I -LOVE- some aspects of the program and it takes me away from the
browser-based VFK.  EA desktop makes VFK run much faster on my PC.  'Do
not disturb' button.  Screenshot built-in.

But the lack of a way to view VFK fullscreen while using it keeps me from
using it.  Also needs to be able to do multiple instances.

All of this might be a moot point in the upcoming, revamped, non-Flash version of VFK, but that's a ways off.  Thanks!

Flame

You'd be surprised what you can do with the short end of the stick

Comments

• This might be a new issue? Last time I used epic ages, it let me go into full screen.

Hopefully they can fix this soon :)
    I joined VFK on September 22nd 2013 <3 
    400700_113340368867716_949336079_n
  • I just drag the window and make it bigger.  I recommend goingo to the lower right corner, and drag the corner to make the window big.  This is good when making big rooms
  • Do you mean like this? I just clicked the full screen option on top right.

@millsfan How do you drag the corner? It's not showing up for me. :O

I do wish my quality is a bit clearer like browsers. Is there a way to do that? LOL

EA CLIENT usage

ABOUT: Signed up: February 2017 Miss Clue only: March 2017 Regularly playing the kingdom: April 2017 hehehehehe...... Came for MISS CLUE, stayed for VFK <3

Miss Clue Mysteries Border 2 

VFK thiefpeasant from enigma 1
    tazzie grinzzzz by moi
    Snazzy beanieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    surfer and her secrets lol
    G FOR GIFT GIFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT Screenshot_1 VFK 000 winter65 VFK GIFTTTTTTTTT's BIRTHDAY VFK shy no shy scaleenigma questions my existence

LOGO from BLUEWIZ

Made by @bluewiz
    THANK YOU!  

santa claus listening to me
    mrs claus lovvvve
    mrs claus 2022 music question
  • edited January 2020
    See below, as I couldn't change the picture to the right one (sigh).

• Hi Mills!!  Ironically, there's usually an arrow if you hover your mouse
    pointer near the edge of a window if you can resize it by dragging an
    edge, but I was actually able to just grab the lower right corner as you advised, and
    make the program screen full-size.  With one huge problem as you can
    see:
    Screenshot_167

Similar
    to Gift's screen above, but much worse.  The window is definitely
    re-sized, but only the 'blackspace' is enlarged.  Not the 'business
    area' of the window.  And using the fullscreen button within the program
    does nothing for me, not even enlarge the 'blackspace'. 

Now if I go to a different room, the following happens:

Screenshot_168

Clearly a massive difference.  I can only assume it's some kind of  'scaling' issue with some rooms??  Tried another room, and the result:

Screenshot_169

The picture above appears larger than the first picture up above...including the 'business area'...but not fullscreen except for the blackspace surrounding it.  Lastly, the garden:

Screenshot_170

Ouch.  I don't have the answer, but I hope the pics above help to find a solution.

Flame

• Hey Flame :) 

In my experience using EA Client, going full-screen in "traditional" VFK rooms (that is: rooms that aren't scrolling and/or bigger than rooms that existed during beta) only expands the client window and not the actual game. EA doesn't have a zoom in/out feature. (technically VFK in general does not, as addressed below) 

If you are looking to have EA loading speeds + the ability to zoom you should look into using the EA browser option. Though the zooming that I'm assuming you're looking for will be happening because of the browser you're using (control and + or -) 
    You will lose the built in screenshot ability however, and the friend-list things

-- when building in the giant rooms, I use the browser so I can see the full screen all at once by zooming out, but also keep in mind that you're zooming out the entire game (User Interface included) so that might contradict your desire for readability.

all of that to say: I don't think its a client issue, but rather just a feature that isn't available to EA Client right now.
  • bluewiz said:

Hey Flame :) 

In my experience using EA Client, going full-screen in "traditional" VFK rooms (that is: rooms that aren't scrolling and/or bigger than rooms that existed during beta) only expands the client window and not the actual game. EA doesn't have a zoom in/out feature. (technically VFK in general does not, as addressed below) 

If you are looking to have EA loading speeds + the ability to zoom you should look into using the EA browser option. Though the zooming that I'm assuming you're looking for will be happening because of the browser you're using (control and + or -) 
    You will lose the built in screenshot ability however, and the friend-list things

-- when building in the giant rooms, I use the browser so I can see the full screen all at once by zooming out, but also keep in mind that you're zooming out the entire game (User Interface included) so that might contradict your desire for readability.

all of that to say: I don't think its a client issue, but rather just a feature that isn't available to EA Client right now.

Hi Blue!  It's a shame if the smaller rooms can't be zoomed with the client.  Maybe VFK can incorporate a 'zoom' feature for the desktop client, which would make it very usable even with older rooms.  I've heard other people talk about how small the game window is with the client, and they stopped using it for that reason alone.  I do love the status and screenshot features of EA client.  Maybe at the least something they can incorporate into the next browser version of VFK.  I hope.  I remember in beta everyone asking for a 'do not disturb' feature.  The screenshot feature on the client was a bonus to me, even though I normally use a better screenshot software program, having the feature as part of the client made screenshots MUCH more convenient for me. 

I do use the zoom feature of my browser when using it to play VFK.  The problem is that it will sometimes not let you move the screen around once you zoom in some.  Worse, the entire chatbar/controls at the bottom of the screen disappear if I zoom past a certain point, as you mentioned.  Some traders use the massive rooms for their stores, and I cannot see everything in enough detail.  If I zoomed in closer to see items, I'd lose my controls, and couldn't ask a question or respond to anyone I was conversing with.  I have to zoom back out so the chatbar/controlbar reappear.  Seriously inconvenient.

Thanks for the insight, Blue.  Hopefully some of the convenience items talked about above...and some of the much more important items, like being able to zoom without loss of the chatbar/controlbar...can be considered by the devs.  If they could incorporate everything into the desktop client, they'll be hitting the ball outta the park ;)