2020 Item Updates!

Howdy Everyone!

Starting off 2020 we have some exciting updates for some VFK items!

We want to thank everyone who made suggestions for these additions!  Feel free to let us know about any other updates you'd like to see for existing VFK items!

Items which now have the ability to sit/lounge or were adjusted:
Tail Gate Party Truck - Blue Yellow and Black
Tail Gate Party Truck - Red Blue and White
Player Piano Bench - Grand
Player Piano Bench - Upright
Ghost Dragon Castle - Chaise - Ethereal
Ghost Dragon Castle - Day Bed - Emerald Green
Griffin Tower Chamber - Vanity Chair
Griffin Tower Chamber - Vanity Chair - Cream
Inventor Stool
Haunted Bayou - Piano Stool
North Pole - Couch
North Pole - Lounge
Bethlehem Market - Rug Covered Chair
Ancient Greek Klinai
Mrs Claus' Victorian Sewing Stool - Antique
Zoofari Camp Bed
Half Moon Bed - Antique

Items which now can play piano scrolls:
Haunted Bayou - Grand Piano
Haunted Pipe Organ - Antique

Items which have additional angles added:
Haunted Pipe Organ - Stool - Antique

Items which can now hold clothing items:
Carnival Travelers Trunk

Enhanced items:
Christmas Toy 2019 - Train - Blue
Christmas Toy 2019 - Train - Red

Updates:
The Phrozen Peculiarly Perspicacious Purple Party Pineapple was quite tired from all the partying, but it is now back on its feet pineapple spines and ready to dance the night away when you say "Pineapple Party!"

Be sure to share your thoughts, and what you would like to see in the coming months to make this year one to remember!

VFK Mintie

Comments

• OMG Thanks so much for these AMAZING updates!!! :O
    I joined VFK on September 22nd 2013 <3 
    400700_113340368867716_949336079_n
  • Thank you so much, Minitie and other staff!! I definitely have been taking note of certain glitches and what not that I notice from time to time and will definitely be sharing those here soon :)
  • really impressed to see updates on those items! looking forward to seeing this trend continue :) 

To nobody's surprise: I'd still love to see the 2017 Haunted Painting Trio (Skeleton, Moon, & Forest) get an animated update sometime soon! 

Thank you for doing this and for the communication about said updates!
  • Yay, thank you so much for the updates! Nice way to start 2020. Thank you for all your hard work.
  • edited January 2020
    Here are a couple of glitches I've noticed for a while!

1. While sitting when wearing any of the 3 colors of "Camping Boots - color - Girl" (not sure if this happens for boys), the shoes change into what looks like the Halloween 2010 ballgown shoes.

Camping boots while standing:

campingboots

Camping boots while sitting:

campingbootssitting

2. While sitting, but only when the avatars head turns, the "Land Mermaid - Hair - Soft Blue - Girl", "Land Mermaid - Hair - Soft Purple - Girl" and "Land Mermaid - Hair - Green - Girl" (again, not sure if boys hairs are affected by this) turn into the "Sunrise Land Mermaid Hair - Girl". 

"Soft Blue", "Soft Purple", & "Green" hair while sitting down, facing forward:

landmermaidsoftblue
    landmermaidsoftpurplelandmermaidgreen

"Soft Blue", "Soft Purple", & "Green" hair while sitting down, when avatar's head turns: 

softblueheadturn
    softpurpleheadturngreenheadturn

Note: This glitch only happens while sitting down, head turns while standing are normal. 

Items that stack in inventory (I think because they share the same name) but are different:
    Skull Biker - Shoes - Girl (Black & White)
    Skull Biker - Pants - Girl (Black & Blue)

Items that are both non-storable in storage bins & non-tradable (I'd particularly like to be able to store these):
    Prehistoric - Hair - Red - Girl
    Prehistoric - Hair - Black - Girl
    Emerald Hair - Light - Girl
    Emerald Hair - Dark - Girl
    All colors of the Bayou Inhabitant - Hair
    All colors of the Trick Horse Rider - Hair 
    Full Scottish Highland Lassie outfits
    Full Nutcracker - Sugar Plum outfit
    Full Phoenix Rider outfit
    Skeleton Horse Bridle; Saddle; Saddle Blanket (These also don't load in inventory)
    All colors of the Groovy Beetle car skins
    Most saddles, saddle blankets, bridles, and pet clothing

Thanks so much for all these great updates! <3

• edited January 2020
    Ooo, finally realized what an issue was that I was having: 

I think in adding the music scroll ability to the Bayou piano and antique organ they automatically play sound that doesn't match.

right now any room I have that has either of those two in the room play the audio of a... football room i think? (its heartbeats, a timer ticking and then presumably footsteps walking on a track.) 

It plays over any other music you're playing in the room as well -- which is a little concerning cause I have a piano on my ride and the glitch sounds its playing is anything but Christmas haha.

EDIT: did a test of attempting to put in a piano scroll to see if this will stop the undesired sound from happening but 1) it does not stop the sound that is already playing. and 2) the scroll does not stay in the piano. if you re-enter the room/check the inventory again the scroll will be in your inventory as if you never placed it in. 
  • edited January 2020
    @bluewiz looking into the issue the scroll should remain in the Piano and Organ now.  Also we were able to reproduce the heatbeat sound issue, though putting a scroll into the organ/piano and removing it should fix it for now, so give that another try, 

Meanwhile, we will try to track down the source of the problem!

@Zoee thanks for the great list including pictures!

UPDATE 12:54 AM 1/4/2020:
    The sound should no longer play when you enter the room!
  • Thanks Mintie!  You folks work hard.  It's much appreciated!

Flame

You'd be surprised what you can do with the short end of the stick
  • This is an amazing thread. I love how vfk listened to players concerns and went ahead to try to fix any items that were a little buggy. Big kudos to the staff
  • edited January 2020
    When I get home I’m going to make a post on here about some boy items that could use some updating
    EDIT - Just posted boy clothing that have glitches, suggested fixes for levitate fx, and posted trophy items that have a "sell button"
  • Levitate fx has a purple glow around the character when playing in a browser, but epic ages doesn’t show this glow. Could the epic ages client get updated to display levitate fx properly?

This is just a suggestion (not a fix), but I think it would be cool if levitate fx didn’t use the walking animation when moving. It would be cool if we just floated up and down. The best pose while floating would be a floating animation similar to fairy fx, but I know that pose with the feet dragging behind our floating character is made for the fairy clothing (so I understand you can’t apply that pose to our normal vfk characters since that pose is made for fairy clothing)
  • VFK_Enigma said:

@bluewiz looking into the issue the scroll should remain in the Piano and Organ now.  Also we were able to reproduce the heatbeat sound issue, though putting a scroll into the organ/piano and removing it should fix it for now, so give that another try, 

Meanwhile, we will try to track down the source of the problem!

@Zoee thanks for the great list including pictures!
    IT"S ALIVE>>>that's the source of the problem.....
    UPDATE 12:54 AM 1/4/2020:
    The sound should no longer play when you enter the room!

• Screen Shot 2020-01-04 at 1.24.38 PMThis jacket, "Weekend Wear - Jacket - Gray - Boy" has had this glitch since it came out long ago.  At this 3 quarter right view, the upper right portion of the jacket turns into a blue ish color.  Its hard to see, but look at the upper right part of the jacket and the sleeve.  Its weird, it only happens at this angle.

Screen Shot 2020-01-04 at 1.25.45 PM

This next shirt is the Newer Beta day 1 shirt.  I could not capture the glitch with a screenshot because it is a visual glitch that happens when you walk.  The glitch is visible from the back angle and back quarter angles.  The upper left part of the shirt (kind of where the left armpit is has a weird glitch where the shirt pops in a weird way).  Its hard to explain, but if a dev puts this shirt on a boy character and scrutinizes the shirt, you'll see where it looks funky.

• Screen Shot 2020-01-04 at 1.31.11 PM Jungle Tiki - Gloves - Boy  does NOT load in the closet

Bronze Medal - Sand Castle 2018 is able to be sold 
    Silver Medal- Sand Castle 2019 is able to be sold

Screen Shot 2020-01-04 at 1.33.05 PM

Screen Shot 2020-01-04 at 1.33.10 PM
  • Screen Shot 2020-01-04 at 1.38.21 PM

Halloween Ride Competition 4th Place pin shows a RED 4th place pin when previewing it in your inventory.... this was always a funny glitch, but should be fixed
  • Screen Shot 2020-01-04 at 1.42.54 PM
    This item does not load in inventory
  • edited January 2020

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px 'Helvetica Neue'; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000}
    span.s1 {font-kerning: none}

EDIT: Idk what this weird formatting text is or why it appears ^^ Would be great if it didn't

Hi Miss Mintie and Madame Enigma -- thanks so much for starting off 2020 on a great note!

Here are some issues I've noticed:

“Wooden Train - Blue” (Christmas 2008) is Green.

Spoiler:

woodentrainblue

“Halloween 2016 Party Favor - Coffin - Red” shows the other party favor when clicked in your inventory.

Spoiler:

hallowpartyred

“Spring Hedge Trellis Bench” (Quest 2019) does not allow us to sit.

"Beta Day 1 - 11th Anniversary Hat" cuts off when our characters face up and to the left. This happens every other frame while walking.

Spoiler:

betahat

I'm pretty sure there is also an issue with the new 2019 Santa Hat -- it glitches on a frame every once in a while. Sorry no picture because it happens so quickly

When a user grabs an item from the "Candy Cane Cart - Antique", anyone else who loads into the room afterward will see this user as a blue blob.

When SITTING and facing forwards, hats and glasses positions are off by a few pixels. Please see the picture below:

Spoiler:

sittingfrontfacing

It appears as though hats are too far left, and glasses are too high and slightly too far to the right.

We also never got our Modifier pins from the 2019 Racing Competitions

Thanks again!

• Could the surfboard wave item get the option to sit on it?
  • edited January 2020
    I don't mean to bombard or overwhelm staff but I've remembered a few other glitches/bugs that I've noticed:

1. The "Western Cowboy Hat - Color Pink - Never Released" floats above the avatar's head when sitting at 3 different angles, but is fine at 1 angle (pictured below).

pinkcowboyhatangles

The next few are by no means burning issues, but these are a few things I've noticed as I've collected my pins :)

2. The following pins are off-centred in their previews:
    Sharks Vs Zombies Pin
    Sharks Vs Zombies - Tazznado Pin
    Prehistoric Pin IV - Mr. Ugh
    Flaming Skull Pin
    Haunted Tiki Mask Pin
    Christmas 2010; 2011; 2012; 2013; 2014; 2015 Pins

offcentredpinpreviews

3. The following pins are a loading circle in their previews:
    Easter Pin 2017
    Easter Bunny Melody 2019 Pin
    Family V.I.P. Pin - 2020

spinningcircle

4.  I think this happens, in some form, with all of the Bunny Pin Hunt 2019 pins, but for example purposes I've just included the Fairy Butterfly and Monarch Butterfly in the photos. It's kind of hard to capture in images, but it's definitely noticeable when you're watching the animations. It seems that these pins are a bit too big for the frame they're in? So when the wings expand, the squared edges of the pin frame become noticeable as the wings get cut off. The pictures below kind of capture it, but like I said, it's definitely more noticeable in game.

bunnypinhunt2019pins

5. Also, like Tomorrow said, my Milk Moustache goes up to my nose when facing forward while sitting hehe

milkmoustache

6. "The Ultimate Easter Cheep Hay Nest Hat" has a purple cheep in the egg at every angle except while facing forward (it appears as yellow). This also happens while the avatar is sitting and facing forward. 

I would add a photo but since this is an edit it won't allow me to.

7. I would love to see some animation updates to the "Ice Cream Cart - Teal - Antique" and "Explorer Birdcage - Antique" where the birds move <3

8. I'd also love for the "Ghost Dragon Castle - Fountain" to be animated so that the water moves!

9. I found another couple items that stack in inventory:
    The Christmas 2014 Ballgown tops in Highland Plaid - Red & Highlight Plaid - White are called "Skirt", so they stack with the skirts of the same colors.

Thanks again, so much, for listening to the player base! I understand how busy you guys are and greatly appreciate the effort you're putting in to work on existing issues <3 
  • edited January 2020
    Few things I've been watching:

'Astro Club' (Star Membership) pin doesn't load

thanksgiving party favors still don't load

silver new years party favors don't load

Tomorrow noticed what I noticed with the new Santa hats.  They glitch pretty badly each time the colors start a new cycle (typically when the color blue/green comes up).  Impossible to miss, does not glitch in all positions.  Noticeable when character is facing the 5 o'clock position.

Normal:

Screenshot_159

Glitch:

Screenshot_158

Although the bottom pic there looks kinda funny, lol.  Thanks Mintie!!!

Flame

You'd be surprised what you can do with the short end of the stick
  • Were the robot toys we got from Santa a while back ever fixed? If not, that would be another great item to work on at some point! :)
  • I also just noticed that the "Skeleton Horse Saddle Blanket, Bridle & Saddle" isn't loading. 
  • VFK_Mintie said:

Howdy Everyone!

We want to thank everyone who made suggestions for these additions!  Feel free to let us know about any other updates you'd like to see for existing VFK items!

Inventor Stool
    North Pole - Couch
    North Pole - Lounge
    Ancient Greek Klinai
    Zoofari Camp Bed
    Half Moon Bed - Antique

Carnival Travelers Trunk

Enhanced items:

Updates:
    The Phrozen Peculiarly Perspicacious Purple Party Pineapple was quite tired from all the partying, but it is now back on its feet pineapple spines and ready to dance the night away when you say "Pineapple Party!"

Be sure to share your thoughts, and what you would like to see in the coming months to make this year one to remember!

VFK Mintie

• Hi VFK_ Mint.ie  Thank you for all the updates. I noticed we still can not open out robot toys from Santa last year. Can? there be a update to fix this as well . Hugs Twinkles
  • edited January 2020
    @VFK_Mintie There is one main glitch I can think of right now that I would personally love to get fixed soon. I noticed this glitch not long after the Bubbletastic memberships came out. Basically, I have my mermaid outfit set but when I mount my seahorse, the outfit changes to a different outfit. Then when I get off my see horse, my mermaid outfit changes back to my regular mermaid outfit. I have changed to different outfits to test this and it always still changes to this one outfit upon mounting the seahorse. It is basically like it's stuck or something. I added pictures below to show what I mean.

Mermaid outfit before mounting:

mermaid glitch 1

Mermaid outfit after mounting:

mermaid glitch 2

waterfallglow signature

my signature was drawn by waterfallglow (me)! I did this completely myself using Paint program. :) ^_^

• Also, thank you @VFK_Mintie and all the other staff that played a part in the fixing of those glitches! I appreciate it very much! Happy New Year!

waterfallglow signature

my signature was drawn by waterfallglow (me)! I did this completely myself using Paint program. :) ^_^

• VFK_Mintie said:

Howdy Everyone!

Inventor Stool
    North Pole - Couch
    North Pole - Lounge
    Ancient Greek Klinai
    Zoofari Camp Bed
    Half Moon Bed - Antique

Carnival Travelers Trunk

Enhanced items:

Updates:

VFK Mintie
    Woot woot...thank you Mintie for the fixes.

Another two items I would love to see fixed is being able to sit on the two Jeeps:

- Zoofari Jeep
    - Sarari Jeep

LOVE these vehicles and not being able to sit in them is just sad.  ::Grins::

Thanks again for all the amazing updates...you guys ROCK!!!!

Mellow
  • Wow! Thank you Mintie and Enigma for all the updates on items!!!

I would like to see the following item get updated so they would show up in our inventories instead of being a loading circle.  

-Gingerbread 2015 - Teleporter

Also could ALL the DOORS and WINDOWS we can purchase from shops like Merlins, Greenhouse, Splashtastic be made to face straight/forward facing the screen?   

I too would like to see these already mentioned items fixed...

-Zoofari Jeep
    -Safari Jeep
    -Christmas Toy 2018 - Robot
     Really appreciate all the fixes you've made so far!  Happy New Year!
  • edited January 2020
    Howdy!

Here are some more exciting updates!  We really appreciate everyone's effort and feedback, and there are more updates to come!

Items which had loading images:
    Easter Pin 2017
    Easter Bunny Melody 2019 Pin
    Astro Club Pin
    Jungle Tiki - Gloves - Boy
    Carved Pumpkin 2013 - Fearsome Owl - Small

Items which were offset when previewing:
    Christmas 2010 Pin
    Christmas 2011 Pin
    Christmas 2012 Pin
    Christmas 2013 Pin
    Christmas 2014 Pin
    Christmas 2015 Pin

Items with a title update:
    Skull Biker - Shoes - White - Girl
    Skull Biker - Shoes - Black - Girl
    Skull Biker - Pants - Jeans - Girl
    Skull Biker - Pants - Black - Girl
    Wooden Train - Green
    Christmas 2014 Ball Gown - Top - Highland Plaid - White
    Christmas 2014 Ball Gown - Top - Highland Plaid - Red

Items which appeared different while sitting:
    Camping Boots - Light Tan - Girl
    Camping Boots - Tan - Girl
    Camping Boots - Dark Tan - Girl
    Land Mermaid - Hair - Soft Blue - Girl
    Land Mermaid - Hair - Soft Purple - Girl
    Land Mermaid - Hair - Green - Girl

Items which were unable to be stored in a Storage Container:
    Prehistoric - Hair - Blond - Boy
    Prehistoric - Hair - Black - Boy
    Prehistoric - Hair - Black - Girl
    Prehistoric - Hair - Red - Girl
    Emerald Hair - Dark - Girl
    Emerald Hair - Light - Girl
    Emerald Hair - Dark - Boy
    Emerald Hair - Light - Boy
    Bayou Inhabitant - Hair - Red - Girl
    Bayou Inhabitant - Hair - Ice Blue - Girl
    Bayou Inhabitant - Hair - Dark Blonde - Girl
    Bayou Inhabitant - Hair - Dark Brown - Girl
    Bayou Inhabitant - Hair - Teal - Girl
    Bayou Inhabitant - Hair - Strawberry Blonde - Girl
    Bayou Inhabitant - Hair - Platinum Blonde - Girl
    Bayou Inhabitant - Hair - Blue - Girl
    Bayou Inhabitant - Hair - Purple - Girl
    Bayou Inhabitant - Hair - Black - Girl
    Bayou Inhabitant - Hair - Blonde - Girl
    Bayou Inhabitant - Hair - Brown - Girl
    Bayou Inhabitant - Hair - Pink - Girl
    Bayou Inhabitant - Hair - Ice Blue - Boy
    Bayou Inhabitant - Hair - Dark Blond - Boy
    Bayou Inhabitant - Hair - Dark Brown - Boy
    Bayou Inhabitant - Hair - Teal - Boy
    Bayou Inhabitant - Hair - Strawberry Blond - Boy
    Bayou Inhabitant - Hair - Platinum Blond - Boy
    Bayou Inhabitant - Hair - Blue - Boy
    Bayou Inhabitant - Hair - Purple - Boy
    Bayou Inhabitant - Hair - Black - Boy
    Bayou Inhabitant - Hair - Blond - Boy
    Bayou Inhabitant - Hair - Brown - Boy
    Bayou Inhabitant - Hair - Red - Boy
    Trick Horse Rider - Hair - Candy Cane - Girl
    Trick Horse Rider - Hair - Red - Girl
    Trick Horse Rider - Hair - Ice Blue - Girl
    Trick Horse Rider - Hair - Dark Blonde - Girl
    Trick Horse Rider - Hair - Dark Brown - Girl
    Trick Horse Rider - Hair - Teal - Girl
    Trick Horse Rider - Hair - Strawberry Blonde - Girl
    Trick Horse Rider - Hair - Platinum Blonde - Girl
    Trick Horse Rider - Hair - Blue - Girl
    Trick Horse Rider - Hair - Purple - Girl
    Trick Horse Rider - Hair - Black - Girl
    Trick Horse Rider - Hair - Blonde - Girl
    Trick Horse Rider - Hair - Brown - Girl
    Trick Horse Rider - Hair - Pink - Girl
    Lion Tamer - Hair - Candy Cane - Boy
    Lion Tamer - Hair - Ice Blue - Boy
    Lion Tamer - Hair - Dark Blond - Boy
    Lion Tamer - Hair - Dark Brown - Boy
    Lion Tamer - Hair - Teal - Boy
    Lion Tamer - Hair - Strawberry Blond - Boy
    Lion Tamer - Hair - Platinum Blond - Boy
    Lion Tamer - Hair - Blue - Boy
    Lion Tamer - Hair - Purple - Boy
    Lion Tamer - Hair - Black - Boy
    Lion Tamer - Hair - Blond - Boy
    Lion Tamer - Hair - Brown - Boy
    Lion Tamer - Hair - Red - Boy
    Lion Tamer - Carry Chair - Boy
    Nutcracker - Sugar Plum Fairy - Bow - Girl
    Nutcracker - Sugar Plum Fairy - Hair - Girl
    Nutcracker - Sugar Plum Fairy - Top - Girl
    Nutcracker - Sugar Plum Fairy - Skirt - Girl
    Nutcracker - Sugar Plum Fairy - Slippers - Girl
    Nutcracker - Uncle Drosselmeyer - Hair - Boy
    Nutcracker - Uncle Drosselmeyer - Beard - Boy
    Nutcracker - Uncle Drosselmeyer - Eye Patch - Boy
    Nutcracker - Uncle Drosselmeyer - Shirt - Boy
    Nutcracker - Uncle Drosselmeyer - Pants - Boy
    Nutcracker - Uncle Drosselmeyer - Shoes - Boy
    Phoenix Rider - Mask
    Phoenix Rider - Sceptre
    Phoenix Rider - Top - Girl
    Phoenix Rider - Pants - Girl
    Phoenix Rider - Boots - Girl
    Phoenix Rider - Shirt - Boy
    Phoenix Rider - Pants - Boy
    Phoenix Rider - Boots - Boy
    All Pet Clothing

Items which can no longer be sold:
    Bronze Medal - Sand Castle 2018
    Silver Medal- Sand Castle 2019

Items that had anomalies:
    Santa Hat 2019
    Beta Day 1 - 11th Anniversary Hat

Items with Large and Small display images not matching:
    Halloween 2016 Party Favor - Coffin - Red

"Halloween Ride Competition Fourth Place Pin"
    Clearing cache would fix this problem, however we forced a cache update on the pin, and it should appear correctly now.

Tomorrow mentioned, "When a user grabs an item from the "Candy Cane Cart - Antique", anyone else who loads into the room afterward will see this user as a blue blob."
    It should be fixed now, if it occurs again, try clearing your cache and refreshing, and let us know if that works!

Thank you again for all the great suggestions and watch for more exciting updates!

VFK_Mintie

• Woot so glad to see these things have been updated and fixed!! :D
This discussion has been closed.