ICONIC Movie Costumes [Yearly Updates]

edited October 2019 in VFK Developer Ideas!
There are movies that leaves us in awe with their fabulous set productions and costume designs. It makes a lasting impression in the history of cinema therefore making them iconic and unforgettable. This season is a perfect time to don them and take on the role of a star!

I made this a separate thread since I'm planning to update it yearly! But feel free to leave comments here and people who has threads already!

To start off (I'm planning to suggest 3 each then I'll just leave some for the next year) - here are some movies I would like to see for 2019 Halloween costumes:

1. Eliza Doolittle from My Fairy Lady - This black and white Victorian ascot dress is the one she's most noted for in the movie. After hurdling through a makeover, Eliza (Audrey Hepburn) finally emerged out with a feminine finesse everyone is dying to have of and this dress embodies what she learned and has become to truly achieve being a lady in an elite society. Technically, this dress is just the trial run with Pickering and Higgins to the Ascot races but it's one of the most remembered in the cinema world.

my-fair-lady-eliza-doolittle
myfairladyELIZADOOLITTLE

Spoiler:

More of Eliza's iconic derby dress! Along with the pink rosy dress and cockney ensemble.

Audrey-as-Eliza-Doolittle-audrey-hepburn-1
Audrey-as-Eliza-Doolittle-audrey-hepburn-30467883-337-600
audrey-hepburn-1964-my-fair-lady-eliza-doolittle-dvdbash06
myfairladyELIZADOOLITTLE2
myfairladyELIZADOOLITTLE3
myfairladyELIZADOOLITTLE4
my-fair-lady-eliza-doolittle-barbie

2. Mary Poppins from Mary Poppins - If this isn't supercalifragilisticexpialidocious then I don't know what is! Whenever I think of Mary Poppins, my mind would immediately think of this particular dress with all the laces and frills finished with a cute umbrella as a tote!

mary-poppins-1964-13-g
MaryPoppinsPubStill2

Spoiler:

Classic Mary Poppin costume!

Julie Andrews 2
Julie Andrews and Dick Van Dyke.jpg
Mary-Poppins-1964-2
mary poppins & dick van dyke
mary poppins museum display
mary poppins
mary-poppins
mary-poppins-56c0c839ad561
mary-poppins-1964 black
mary-poppins-1964-03-g

….

3. Scarlett O'Hara from Gone With the Wind - Ah the fierce southern belle we all love! Where to even start? She wore a lot of fabulous dresses throughout the movie! Her curtain dress though is the most talked about in the history of cinema and could be my personal favorite amongst all of them. With it's ingenious beginnings, this green velvet curtain dress surely remained in the hearts of fans, young and old.

VIVIEN SCARLETT O HARA e0c2f5685444e2149cd4f43521041396--dress-barbie-barbie-girl
Vivien-Leigh-Gone-With-the-Wind-1939

VIVIEN LEIGH 620834463_eb35063330

Spoiler:

Vivien Leigh as Scarlett O'Hara

gone with the wind bbq dress
gone with the wind red dress
gone with the wind scarlet

Vivien Leigh - Scarlett O Hara - Doll
VIVIEN LEIGH 6802c39a175467bce567e1f890ce4ba8_jpg
VIVIEN LEIGH 7895434bc0147b0bb56d8dfdd33e3f0f
VIVIEN LEIGH Scarlett-O-Hara-scarlett-ohara-28448204-475-500

VIVIEN LEIGH scarlett-o-hara-scarlett-ohara-21298972-1502-2560

Gone With The Wind

SEE YOU NEXT YEAR!!!!

ABOUT: Signed up: February 2017 Miss Clue only: March 2017 Regularly playing the kingdom: April 2017 hehehehehe...... Came for MISS CLUE, stayed for VFK <3

Miss Clue Mysteries Border 2 

VFK thiefpeasant from enigma 1
tazzie grinzzzz by moi
Snazzy beanieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
surfer and her secrets lol
G FOR GIFT GIFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT Screenshot_1 VFK 000 winter65 VFK GIFTTTTTTTTT's BIRTHDAY VFK shy no shy scaleenigma questions my existence

LOGO from BLUEWIZ

Made by @bluewiz
THANK YOU!  

santa claus listening to me
mrs claus lovvvve
mrs claus 2022 music question

Comments

• I went to a talk by the costume designer on Marvels black panther. It was so cool to learn about all the costumes; as an artist, I totally understand the amount of work that gets put into costume design for movies. I love movies, the more movie costumes the better
  • I love the Mary Poppins idea! I definitely want to see that!
     HBForever's Signature
    Thank you @Purrfect
  • HBforever said:

I love the Mary Poppins idea! I definitely want to see that!

Same! I know some other players wanted it as well so I'm glad to bring it up again! :D

ABOUT: Signed up: February 2017 Miss Clue only: March 2017 Regularly playing the kingdom: April 2017 hehehehehe...... Came for MISS CLUE, stayed for VFK <3

tazzie grinzzzz by moi
    G FOR GIFT GIFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT Screenshot_1 VFK 000 winter65 VFK GIFTTTTTTTTT's BIRTHDAY VFK shy no shy scaleenigma questions my existence

LOGO from BLUEWIZ

Made by @bluewiz
    THANK YOU!  

mrs claus lovvvve
  • millsfan said:

I went to a talk by the costume designer on Marvels black panther. It was so cool to learn about all the costumes; as an artist, I totally understand the amount of work that gets put into costume design for movies. I love movies, the more movie costumes the better

Oh yes, definitely lots of engineering behind them costumes!

tazzie grinzzzz by moi

LOGO from BLUEWIZ

Made by @bluewiz
    THANK YOU!  

mrs claus lovvvve
  • edited October 2019
    Oh I would LOVE both the My Fair Lady and Mary Poppins!!!
  • I wanted gone with the wind last year. I third mary poppins. Can't forget Casablanca. I also would like to throw in titanic. 
    cutelina
  • Fonna said:

Yay! I can't wait! I'll keep bumping for the next 5 years! LOL
    cute_lina said:

I wanted gone with the wind last year. I third mary poppins. Can't forget Casablanca. I also would like to throw in titanic. 

Lina, I think we're getting Gone With the Wind vibes with new membership, such fun!

tazzie grinzzzz by moi

LOGO from BLUEWIZ

Made by @bluewiz
    THANK YOU!  

mrs claus lovvvve
  • GIFT said:

Fonna said:

Yay! I can't wait! I'll keep bumping for the next 5 years! LOL
    cute_lina said:

I wanted gone with the wind last year. I third mary poppins. Can't forget Casablanca. I also would like to throw in titanic. 

Lina, I think we're getting Gone With the Wind vibes with new membership, such fun!

I think so too
    cutelina
  • I love these iconic dresses they would great costumes I love Gone with the Wind I had to write a essay on it
  • Bumping this early (also) for FEBRUARY aka Cinema Month/Hollywood Theme/Movie Week/Entertainment Period etc. :D

1773634182-My-Fair-Lady-quotes-1
    tumblr_nongwgsW4U1tyslwao1_500

tazzie grinzzzz by moi

LOGO from BLUEWIZ

Made by @bluewiz
    THANK YOU!  

mrs claus lovvvve
  • BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B to the U to the M to the P!!!!!!!!!!

I say,

BUMP 

You say 

BUMP

We say

BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tazzie grinzzzz by moi

LOGO from BLUEWIZ

Made by @bluewiz
    THANK YOU!  

mrs claus lovvvve

• Liz Taylor wore many costumes in the Cleopatra movie! ICONIC!

Would love to see a membership with many direct inspirations from this film!

I think she wore around 64 costumes!

Any movie buff can correct me if they can!

So here's some shots of her costumes in a whole sense!

TY STAFF FOR LISTENING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cleo1
    Cleo2
    Cleo3
    Cleo4
    Cleo5
    ;;)

tazzie grinzzzz by moi

LOGO from BLUEWIZ

Made by @bluewiz
    THANK YOU!  

mrs claus lovvvve