New Computer Build

edited April 2019 in General

Howdy,

So I just finished a new computer build for my home and to be honest, it is freaking kewl and just wanted to share.  I've included all parts used at bottom of post.
I started off with the Corsair Crystal body.  Amazing and sleek body with Tempered Glass on top, front and both sides.  Than as the core of my build I used the amazing Asus ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming Motherboard.  This board is sleek, beautiful and easy to work with.

Once the board was installed, I needed to add it's brain and so I chose to use 64gb of Corsair Vengeance memory (two sets for a total of four memory chips).  Can't have a brain without a heart so I chose to use the brand new, Intel Core i9-9900K Desktop Processor with 8 cores.

So I wanted to take advantage of the new Intel processor and the maxed out memory so I needed a heavy duty video card to bring it all together so I can see every little nuance on the screen that is when I decided to go with the MSI Ventus Graphics Card which uses 8gb GDDR6.  It just makes everything on the screen crystal clear with a breath taking refresh rate.

With a strong brain, sleek body and healthy heart...I needed to make sure the electrical system was strong enough to support my creation and stable.  So of course I went with EVGA and used their amazing EVGA Supernova 750 G3, 80 Plus Gold 750W.

So now everything is installed, I wanted to make sure I kept EVERYTHING cool so I installed the CORSAIR HYDRO Series H100i PRO RGB AIO Liquid CPU Cooler and added a couple extra fans from the same series.  Although the case already has pre-installed fans.  But my thought it is, you can't have enough circulation of air inside your monster computer.

Now to round out my new build.  I wanted to be able to not be concern with storage.  I installed 2 - Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD's and 2 - WD Black 6TB Performance Hard Drive.  The reason for my 2 SSD drives is, one I dedicate JUST for my operating system.  The second SSD drive I dedicate my MOST important software that I use on a regular basis.  The 2 6TB standard Hard Drives are just for data.  Although I didn't include it in my build list, I also have an EXTERNAL 6TB hard drive that I previously used and just plugged it into my system...works, as always, like a champ.

Well...thats it.  What do you think?

Mellow
***************************************************************************************************************
CORSAIR Crystal
570X RGB Mid-Tower Case, 3 RGB Fans, Tempered Glass – Black

Asus ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming Motherboard
LGA1151 (Intel 8th 9th Gen) ATX DDR4 DP HDMI M.2 USB 3.1 Gen2 802.11AC Wi-Fi

2 sets - Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 DRAM 2666MHz (PC4-21300) C16 Memory Kit - Black

Intel Core i9-9900K Desktop Processor 8 Cores up to 5.0 GHz Turbo
Unlocked LGA1151 300 Series 95W

MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 2080 8GB GDRR6 256-bit HDMI/DP/USB Ray Tracing Turing Architecture Graphics Card (RTX 2080 Ventus 8G OC)

EVGA Supernova 750 G3, 80 Plus Gold 750W, Fully Modular, Eco Mode with New HDB Fan, 10 Year Warranty, Includes Power ON Self Tester, Compact 150mm Size, Power Supply 220-G3-0750-X1

2 units - Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 2.5 Inch SATA III
Internal SSD (MZ-76E1T0B/AM

2 units - WD Black 6TB Performance Hard Drive -
7200 RPM, SATA 6 Gb/s, 256 MB Cache, 3.5" - WD6003FZBX

CORSAIR HYDRO
Series H100i PRO RGB AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm, Dual ML120 PWM Fans, Intel
115x/2066, AMD AM4

2 additional units attached to case - CORSAIR 240mm, Dual ML120 PWM Fans

Comments

• Thanks for sharing! Sounds cool! Share a pic sometime. :D

I've always wanted to build my super computer someday! Nice that you added a list of the techie stuff. XD

ABOUT: Signed up: February 2017 Miss Clue only: March 2017 Regularly playing the kingdom: April 2017 hehehehehe...... Came for MISS CLUE, stayed for VFK <3

Miss Clue Mysteries Border 2 

VFK thiefpeasant from enigma 1
    tazzie grinzzzz by moi
    Snazzy beanieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    surfer and her secrets lol
    G FOR GIFT GIFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT Screenshot_1 VFK 000 winter65 VFK GIFTTTTTTTTT's BIRTHDAY VFK shy no shy scaleenigma questions my existence

LOGO from BLUEWIZ

Made by @bluewiz
    THANK YOU!  

santa claus listening to me
    mrs claus lovvvve
    mrs claus 2022 music question
  • GiftPrincess said:

Thanks for sharing! Sounds cool! Share a pic sometime. :D

I've always wanted to build my super computer someday! Nice that you added a list of the techie stuff. XD
    Some days I totally forget myself, I took a quick image with my cell of my unit.  All lit up like a Christmas tree.  ::grins::

Enjoy!

Mellow,

20190417_173617
  • Whoa that is one totally cool Machine!!
    --
    64HBS56TE0AI TY Jessizoid!