(Idea) Antique Coin Rework

1. I was going to make a concept image for this post, but I dont have screenshots of the shop window & antique coin graphic. This post is for @VFK_MINTIE to consider. I've had these ideas for years, but always forget to type this post until the Antique shop is already up and running... figured Id tpye this post now in hopes the system could be updated for the Christmas Antique Shop.

PROPOSED CHANGES TO User experience when shopping with a RARE ANTIQUE COIN (& ther ideas) 

1. Currently, when viewing the screen to buy an Antique with an Antique Coin, you have to go through a 3 step process.

2. 1. Move your cursor all the way to the LOWER RIGHT of the shop window

3. 2. Click "use antique coin"

4. 3. And then waste more seconds on another pop up confirming YES/NO if you want to use the coin.

5. This is bad because it takes microseconds longer to move the mouse to the antique coin button in the lower right & going through another pop up to confirm the use of the coin (ultimately making many people not even want to use the coin). I understand the idea of wanting to make players have to work to use the coin/get an antique without paying, but I think it's a bad user experience.

6. Winning the coin itself is rare, using it should be simple & feel rewarding to have one to use. As it stands now, I see people disappointed to win the hard to use coin, and only get happy to win a Mystery Box.

7. Let's change that.

8. The current process wastes a lot of time, and I myself have gone through the coin process only to then be notified the item is sold out (not surprising since the coin process takes extra steps). Sure I have had success buying items with the Antique coin, but I think the experience is not something I look forward to.

9. Below are proposed changes to make the user experience look forward to winning an Antique Coin & enjoy using it.

PROPOSED CHANGES:
1. If you have an Antique Coin, the Antique coin icon/graphic will be visible in the very lower left of the shop window when clicking to buy an antique. Instantly clicking the coin graphic will buy the item instantly without asking "are you sure you want to use the coin" yes/no. (By icon/graphic I'm referring to the existing 3D model of the Antique Coin seen on the pop up when you get a coin).

Clicking buy on an item, then clicking the new coin button will instant buy the item (free of charge of course as always). When you click the antique coin button to buy an antique, you will get a confirmation pop up that you got the antique with the coin, however another advantage of the coin in this update is that clicking the coin button/buying using the coin will NOT close the item buy window.

The buy window for that item will continue to stay open, and you can continuously click the antique coin button if you have multiple coins & quickly secure several of that item.

This would allow smart antique coin holders to save coins for rare items, and quickly be able to buy several in just a few clicks. This is not something people can do easily, as it is rare to win a coin, let alone multiple on one account. Those that save coins are rewarded with the ability to do fast buy a specific antique if they so choose.

Having the coin icon placement there will give the antique coin a more desirable appeal, as the location makes it the quickest method to secure an item. It will make earning an Antique coin feel more rewarding and exciting to use.

2. Idea number two is controversial, but would make antique coins even more desirable. Often I see players disappointed when they win an antique coin (because like stated above, many people dont even like using them due to the placement of the button & process to use it taking more time).

1. Idea number two is something that makes the Antique Coin even more powerful, where even if an item sells out of regular stock, Clicking buy with the antique coin icon will secure the item even if its sold out.

2. Basically, clicking the Antique Coin button confirms you get the item/lets you buy it outside of any of the specified stock normal players buy from. Think of it like this... buying with a Rare Antique Coin allows you to buy any item of your choice from Mr. Clutter's Back room. Kind of like a VIP back room Mr. Clutter has, where there is stock for antique coin holders, he will get you that item without worrying about it selling out.

This is controversial, but I wanted to express all ideas I had. Winning an Antique Coin should feel exciting, rewarding, and simple to use. The Antique system has been in place since 2017, and Ive continued to see people not like the Antique coin for years. Hopefully these changes would be something the players & staff enjoy.

-millsfan