PLAYER EVENTS...

I made a post about this before, but it kind of went under the radar I guess. But please can something be done about the scheduling of player events during HOST events? It causes a LOT of confusion and it happened again today during the time of the spring ride event. Everybody joined up to some "alien swamp" event because it came up immediately after the pop-up for the Host event. The actual Host event didn't come up until over 5 minutes later.

I'm not sure if people do this on purpose to get their events noticed because everyone will rush for the first room that comes up in the events tab or what, but it's downright annoying. So I would suggest there be a limit in the scheduling of player events; such as player events are only able to be scheduled up to ten minutes prior to a Host event. This would fix the issue and people would be able to schedule their events after the Host event is already up.

IMG_1105 Black Parade Skull Art

Comments

• Raven_Of_Asgard said:

I made a post about this before, but it kind of went under the radar I guess. But please can something be done about the scheduling of player events during HOST events? It causes a LOT of confusion and it happened again today during the time of the spring ride event. Everybody joined up to some "alien swamp" event because it came up immediately after the pop-up for the Host event. The actual Host event didn't come up until over 5 minutes later.

I'm not sure if people do this on purpose to get their events noticed because everyone will rush for the first room that comes up in the events tab or what, but it's downright annoying. So I would suggest there be a limit in the scheduling of player events; such as player events are only able to be scheduled up to ten minutes prior to a Host event. This would fix the issue and people would be able to schedule their events after the Host event is already up.

Sorry, gotta agree with my daughter.  The timing of having a player event and a host event at the same time can be maddening.  Another solution might be to add a separate 'player event' tab and a 'host event' tab on our room lists  Regardless, I joined my clones up fast at the host event start popup for the host event, because a room showed up.  Even though I realized very quickly that the room I joined was not the host event room...and I cancelled all my clones from that queue...they still got yanked into the players event room which was running at the same time.  Fortunately, I got them out of the player event in time to put them in the HOST event queue....which in this case I was thankful the HOST event was late.

Frustrating?  Yep.  A hard fix?  Shouldn't be.  Thanks for taking this into consideration.  It's the second or third time it's happened to me.

Flame

You'd be surprised what you can do with the short end of the stick
  • edited April 2021
    Same thing happened to me yesterday.  I was virtually kicking myself for not being more observant and running on adrenaline when a room title appeared under the Events tab after the pop-up announcing the start of the Spring Ride event; hastily clicking on the title that appeared and totally forgetting about the other scheduled event.  Got in and out quickly, but seconds count here in VFK.  

As for the other event scheduled, I am sure the timing issue also affected that player's room attendance.  I got in and out quickly without leaving a "rating score".  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I have never noticed two players scheduled at the same time hosting an event.  Either way, the timing conflict with a host and player's event should have been noticed and addressed so as not to cause this consternation and frustration.  (Hmm...maybe this was why VFK's event started late?)