smart shopping + misc.

edited January 2021 in VFK Developer Ideas!
Just a few ideas.  How about allow people to shop from any store from anywhere?  Consider it like a VFK 'Amazon'.  Without the taxes, and without people stealing your stuff off your front porch ;)  Other than the Land Office, I don't see much that we'd miss from the 'SHOP' menu. 

Also, another idea for buying in the shop would be taking the 'SHOP' button off the menu bar.  If we're going store to store (because we currently can't do the above type of purchase), let us click on a cash register inside the store or something to bring up the shopping menu.  We gotta go there anyways.  Also, I've seen a few times that some stores have items for sale in the store and on the 'SHOP' menu for that store as well.  Sometimes an item for that store can only be purchased through the 'SHOP' button OR inside the store.  Confusing.

VIP member items.  UGH!  Can we put all those in one place???  Pretty please??  Why have them scattered all over?  It's SO tedious running all over to get all the VIP items when we get a VIP membership.  There's a doorway and awnings in central square that is unused.  It could be the 'customer service desk' for help with issues, or as a 'VIP Lounge' (including the VIP items we get with each membership all contained in one location). Another shop that isn't open is in Merchant Square (the 'bakery'). 

As an aside, it would be cool to have more locations with background MUSIC.  Sometimes just entering a room with music in the background brings back memories (central square much?).  Too many areas in game are dead quiet.  Music may liven things up.

Not sure if I requested this before, but buying items from stores is another area not related to my suggestion above.  Some items cannot be seen when displayed on the green/white background before you purchase them.  Worse, the blueprints and patterns are -impossible- to see.  Would be nice to see what they looked like before potentially wasting money buying them (a preview or something would be nice).  Along that train of thought:  how about letting us 'virtually trying items on' before purchasing them??  A hat that looks cool in a postage-stamp box may look horrible when worn!  Trying on items would be seriously:  awesome.

One additional suggestion I've thrown out there before:  we need a -dedicated- VFK website.  Personal opinion, but right now it's being commingled with Miss Clue.  I love VFK and I love Miss Clue.  But they are 2 separate animals.

I'll stop there.  Just spitballing ;)  Thanks for all you do.

Flame

You'd be surprised what you can do with the short end of the stick

Comments

• ....and adding to the above, it would be nice if when we shop for an item, that the 'buy' window would also reflect how much of that same item we already have in our inventory!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Ok, that's it.  Again.  LOL

Flame

• .....aaaaaaaand adding one more suggestion:  an option for those with older computers to disable animations in game (fairy wings, magic, etc.).  Sure, people will always need to update their computer eventually, but those with limited funds will continue to try to play the game on their old computers.  I just swapped my 2012 laptop out for a new desktop a couple/few months ago, and the difference is immense.  Still, I've played many other games where you can disable animations.  It doesn't look as pretty but the game will still function.  Probably a pretty large suggestion, but thought of it a few minutes ago and figured "why not".  ;)   I'll continue to add here when something new pops into my brain.  thanks again.  Flame

• ...adding to the above:  please fix Waters of Life.  It's painful to play.  You never know if the nets will be effective or not, and the opening scene plays EVERY time you start a new game.  Sure would be nice to bypass that.  2 cents.  I dislike WOL about as much as Audubon.  Almost ;)  Thanks Team VFK

Flame