Hello

If there is one thing I've learned about myself in the past few months, it's that I have a very complicated mind with a very complex personality.
That is why I haven't really been around here, I guess.

First things first, we are currently under a partial quarantine. However, before I go into that, I guess I should probably take this all the way back to the middle of August when I first began my Junior year.

School is absolute insanity, especially when you're taking online college courses on the side. Chem is by far the worst class, solely because if you get lost once, you're lost the entire semester. I'm scraping by with a C+ at the moment. But throughout the year, so many things have happened. In November, two students (freshmen) were involved in a car accident that ended their lives, thus bringing a depressing environment for the rest of the month. One girl was the daughter of our principal. His parents were driving the vehicle. The other girl was her best friend, all of the people on their way back from a playoff game that we'd lost. 

Then, our former art teacher was arrested for having certain... relations with several students many years ago, and it somehow just now became relevant. No idea if he's in prison now. It's been a while.

Next, we had a lot of fights. These freshmen are very very annoying, it seems, as many of the sophomores have gotten into several altercations with the younger students. Surprisingly, the upperclassmen [juniors and seniors both] have behaved to some degree.

Academically, all we've been doing since after christmas break is studying for the SATs WHICH we may not even make it back to school for. At this point, we are not to return until March 30th but the quarantine could be extended. As of now, we're participating in E learning.

Spanish is my favorite class. That is one of the languages I'm learning and learning well. I've been learning Italian on the side, inconsistently, since 8th grade, however now I've been practicing it more often. I've also taken up another language that I'm actively working on, and that would be German. 

One thing I've learned about German is that the language itself isn't so difficult to learn, but the pronunciation will be the death of me! I feel like I have to hack up a hairball in order to make some of the sounds required to say the word correctly, sheesh! It's absolutely insane, though I suppose not as bad as Arabic (whose alphabet makes me want to leap from the nearest cliff) or Greek (which reminds me far too much of math with their letters).

That's the run down of my life this year, and all I have for now.

Talk to you soon.
"I'm not great with advice, may I offer a sarcastic comment instead?"

Comments

• Wow @frogiepower! What a year! I'm so, so happy to have heard from you.
    I love languages, just making myself learn is a whole other thing. I think it's super awesome you are learning them...a linguist is a great skill, it can offer so many opportunities!

YOXISQRSVREZ
      Thank you, @TacoCat!

Thank you, @Jessizoid!CARYMN8MKODW