VIP pack

Ok what are the rules about VIP packs....can I buy a pack from years ago at any time...if so then you had better let players know....cause I was told that I couldn't get a member pack till it was being offered..like for instance the dragon rider's packs...I wanted to get that pack back in march and had been told I had to wait till chriistmas...now I find a new player has bought it today.....if so..there were a few packs i'd like the link to as i'd like to purchase the ostrich pack in march ..

Comments

• amend that wait till christmas to halloween
  • @NotherPearl

A few times over the past few years, VFK has offered previous year's halloween memberships after the newest one has been released. I don't believe it's been every year, but I remember it being a few times. 

There has been glitches where people could buy halloween memberships after halloween, but I believe those have been fixed. I'm not sure what that player was talking about, but remember that sometimes false information likes to get around.
  • edited February 2020

The dragon memberships were limited edition memberships. Pretty much every "VIP pack" with a ride-able animal/mount have been limited edition. Well.. that is except for the regular membership plans where you can purchase (using gold stamps) ponies and llamas. Anyway.. so basically in the past, VFK tended to release new dragon memberships each year during Halloween season and then it would retire when Halloween time ended. Also, each year that a new dragon membership came out, they would be a tad different and have new dragon colors each time. This happened each Halloween for a few years. However, I think some players were starting to get tired of having the Halloween memberships be dragons every year and players were wanting something different this time around. That is why I think VFK released something other than dragons last October. The player that probably told to wait till Halloween for dragons had probably told you that because they were expecting the possibility for it to be new dragons again. Also, as @Kitten mentioned, it is true that VFK has re-released previous year Halloween memberships during Halloween for those that may of missed it (along with the new Halloween memberships) but it's not a guaranteed thing. On another note, yes I also have heard before from another player that past limited edition dragon membership links are still around but are not connected publicly to the official VIP page anymore. However this was some time ago that I was told this. I also personally do not know the links and I do not even know if it is in fact still available. Also, I do not know if any of the links are for the ostrich membership either. Anyway, you might have to wait till next Halloween to see what the next Halloween memberships will be. Maybe they will have dragons again with new colors at the end of the year (October 2020). I know many players are tired of dragons but for me.. I would love to have a sapphire blue dragon or a hot pink dragon color. I will have to wait and see.

waterfallglow signature

my signature was drawn by waterfallglow (me)! I did this completely myself using Paint program. :) ^_^

• yes the links are around...that's is what i was complaining about..NOT KNOWING about the links..not the fact that somebody else got a dragon membership out of season..but that not everybody is aware that it is possible for us to purchase special memberships and not just the regular member deals....and being misinformed about these facts...
  • @NotherPearl

But the thing is, the player that told you about those links shouldn't have had them. They are purchasing them through a "back door" way as the only link Staff uses is the one I linked above. When new memberships do come, for however of a limited time, Staff always announces it either in game or on the home page. 
  • yes this is the usual way...but.."back door" links are there ..I just wish I knew about that sooner..to me it's sort of a bonus, if more buy vip memberships the more funds the games has..If a person wasn't interested in VIP regular memberships but takes an interest in the specials and is willing to purchase..I don't see the harm, just keep it on a even playing field 
  • But the thing is, those links are left up by accident. It would be different if VFK had a button on their VIP pass page that said "previous memberships" or something, but they don't. 

There's no real harm in it, but to me it is an ethical issue. 
  • edited February 2020
    Kitten said:

But the thing is, the player that told you about those links shouldn't have had them. They are purchasing them through a "back door" way as the only link Staff uses is the one I linked above. When new memberships do come, for however of a limited time, Staff always announces it either in game or on the home page. 
    I actually have to to agree with @Kitten about her comment quoted above. The staff always do properly inform us. When the memberships are officially available, the staff always tell us up front that they are limited edition and for a limited time. Also, I think they make them limited edition, so players have more of an incentive to purchase them when they are available. It's a marketing thing. Plus, as far as the links go, I agree that it's really not right for players to have and use the link when it's not officially available to all the players. It would be an unfair advantage to those that do not have or know about the link (just like how you did not know about it). It's an unfair advantage to you. That is why those that somehow got the link probably should not even have it. Also, it's not really Staff's fault the back links are around. I think they happened from either a glitch or from players saving the links when they were still officially available. I am not 100% sure how they came to be about. Anyway, I really am truly sorry you missed out on the memberships when they were officially available. I think you may just need to wait till new memberships come out. The next limited edition memberships that are expected to come out are the anniversary memberships. I am excited to see what they will be this year.

EDIT: Also, I want to add that you could always send in a request/suggestion to staff when October comes around and ask them if they would officially re-release the 2019 Halloween memberships again for a short time. I would not be at all surprised if they did when Halloween season is back. The wonderful Staffies are so helpful and always willing to consider player's requests.

waterfallglow signature

my signature was drawn by waterfallglow (me)! I did this completely myself using Paint program. :) ^_^

• edited February 2020
    • Ty for your concern...but I did wait till the Halloween season rolled around and bought myself to packages for that month and when Christmas came around i bought both of those while they were available...and yes last anniversary I got the Star Journey membership..along with a six month membership that didn't give regular monthly gold stamps...all in my first year...I have spent hundreds Just add up what it cost you for what I've listed and then do the dollar exchange cause I am Canadian ..you will know what it cost every Canadian that pays VIP to play and I never figured out how to get access to my VIP account to change any payments or see why I did get monthly top up with gold stamps.the entire time I was VIP ..I got the first big deposit and I thought I was to get more every month..but never did...so I still don't know IF I was suppose to or not...
  • edited February 2020
    NotherPearl said:

• Ty for your concern...but I did wait till the Halloween season rolled around and bought myself to packages for that month and when Christmas came around i bought both of those while they were available...and yes last anniversary I got the Star Journey membership..along with a six month membership that didn't give regular monthly gold stamps...all in my first year...I have spent hundreds Just add up what it cost you for what I've listed and then do the dollar exchange cause I am Canadian ..you will know what it cost every Canadian that pays VIP to play and I never figured out how to get access to my VIP account to change any payments or see why I did get monthly top up with gold stamps.the entire time I was VIP ..I got the first big deposit and I thought I was to get more every month..but never did...so I still don't know IF I was suppose to or not...
    Hmm... have you tried to contact Staff about not receiving gold stamps? I do not know about the 6 month VIP plan because I have the 1 month plan. So I am not familiar with the plan you got to give info on that. Maybe another player reading this that has the 6 month plan can provide better info. Also, as for what I do know, when you purchase any membership you have the option to associate that membership with your "membership area". That is the place through the website that your renewal information about your particular memberships can be viewed. You can also cancel any of your regular memberships there too I think. To get to your membership area, type /members at the end of the official VFK website. Then log into your membership area with your membership area log in info. If you do not have membership area login info yet, you can create it from that page too I think. There is also a phone number you can call VFK at or even email them with any issues you have with your current membership accounts. I can provide the email or VFK phone number if needed. Just let me know. There is even lots of great info about memberships under FAQ section of the VFK site that may help as well. I hope you can get your gold stamp issue worked out soon. :)

waterfallglow signature

• edited February 2020
    The six month plan is you pay once every six months, and you get a large chunk of stamps (six months worth) every time you pay. The only daily thing you get with a 6mo plan is 1000 credits per membership bought. 

eg: I have the monthly plan that Glow has, so I get 1000 credits per day I log in and then a certain amount stamps per billing cycle (mine is the 20th of every month), that also roll over. I also purchased the carnival pack when it was available, so I got the amount of stamps I would have gotten if I had purchased 6 month-to-month memberships and with it, I got an extra 1000 credits per day for the duration of the six months.

But as Glow said, you need to login into the membership area ( http://virtualfamilykingdom.com/members/login.php ; ) to see what memberships you have active. If you have an active membership, you definitely need to contact staff either through a phone call or email if you aren't getting the stamps/credits due to you.
  • @Kitten thank you for explaining in more detail about the 6 month membership plan since I was unsure about it's details. I appreciate it :) I hope the info helps her.

waterfallglow signature