2020: The end of VFK? Adobe to end Flash Player support

Hi everyone: 

Before I begin, I am not trying to create drama nor do I wish to see VFK closed. I am an ex player who played for almost 10 years and loved the game. However, there are huge issues that VFK is facing in the next 12 months & I hope they're planning ahead for it. Here's what's going on:

VFK is run on Adobe Flash. Do you ever recall having to press the button "Allow Flash Player to run"? You might remember seeing the little Flash button on the top right of the home page once or twice before. Well Adobe has announced that it will be ending its Flash player program will no longer support it beginning in 2020. This means that it will no longer support any websites that use Flash and VFK will become unsupported and unplayable. 

Why is this happening? 

Adobe Flash is outdated in comparison to newer and more advanced coding languages and platforms including Java Script & HTML 5. With everyone supporting these more advanced languages (Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox, etc.), VFK and all other Flash programs will need to now translate all of their existing code into a new language that will be able to keep the game going into 2020. 

In conclusion: 

VFK developers have a serious deadline to convert their existing game code into a new language that will allow it to keep it running into next year. I really hope VFK has had this as a top of mind issue for a while now as it will be costly and time consuming to convert their existing game. I hope they haven't just been releasing new memberships that are costing their players real money without any plan on keeping the game going for another year. That would be such a scam for all of the players. 

Here's an article you can read about Adobe killing Flash that I found pretty easy to understand:  

I welcome and encourage any VFK Staff members to confirm that they are aware of these huge and pressing issues as we are now in 2019, and if they have any plans to work on keeping VFK open in 2020 for their loyal players. It would only be fair and honest for VFK staff to explain plans of development to paying members of their game.

Thank you,
nonameplayer

Comments

• Because VFK uses Flash, we monitor the direction Adobe has been taking, and we have been working on a non-Flash browser solution for the future!
    VFK will always be here to play and enjoy, be sure to keep an eye out for coming updates!
    -Mintie :)
  • VFK_Mintie said:

Because VFK uses Flash, we monitor the direction Adobe has been taking, and we have been working on a non-Flash browser solution for the future!
    VFK will always be here to play and enjoy, be sure to keep an eye out for coming updates!
    -Mintie :)
    Phew...