BEATING THE HEADLESS HORSEMAN

Is there a way to beat the headless horseman that is easier?

Comments

• you can escape in Waters of Life to get the magic!
    art-starbucks 
  • Yes, what Red said! Also love that in Waters, you can cut short some rounds by just saving the baby animals and just escape alligators in the end to get the magic!!!

ABOUT: Signed up: February 2017 Miss Clue only: March 2017 Regularly playing the kingdom: April 2017 hehehehehe...... Came for MISS CLUE, stayed for VFK <3

Miss Clue Mysteries Border 2 

VFK thiefpeasant from enigma 1
    tazzie grinzzzz by moi
    Snazzy beanieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    surfer and her secrets lol
    G FOR GIFT GIFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT Screenshot_1 VFK 000 winter65 VFK GIFTTTTTTTTT's BIRTHDAY VFK shy no shy scaleenigma questions my existence

LOGO from BLUEWIZ

Made by @bluewiz
    THANK YOU!  

santa claus listening to me
    mrs claus lovvvve
    mrs claus 2022 music question
  • @GiftPrincess is there an easy way to escape the alligators at the end? I always get trapped by a bunch of them and sometimes my nets don't catch the alligators.
    Signature
  • Blue.Lagoon said:

@GiftPrincess is there an easy way to escape the alligators at the end? I always get trapped by a bunch of them and sometimes my nets don't catch the alligators.

Usually when you hold down the down arrow button while room loads it gives you advantage. I never use nets in last round because it will just slow you down or make you stop and get stuck. The side of the room you can also go there to escape them for a bit while travelling down. And when you're in diagonal position the gators (I noticed) can't chomp you so much as compared to when your boat's in horizontal or vertical. 

The bottom area of the room you can use that space to kind of hide a bit too then a part of an island there gives you the boost up. Just holding down the arrow buttons (without letting go) through out the escape works for me. If you do it a lot it gets easier as well!

@Blue.Lagoon

Hope this helps!

ABOUT: Signed up: February 2017 Miss Clue only: March 2017 Regularly playing the kingdom: April 2017 hehehehehe...... Came for MISS CLUE, stayed for VFK <3

tazzie grinzzzz by moi
    G FOR GIFT GIFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT Screenshot_1 VFK 000 winter65 VFK GIFTTTTTTTTT's BIRTHDAY VFK shy no shy scaleenigma questions my existence

LOGO from BLUEWIZ

Made by @bluewiz
    THANK YOU!  

mrs claus lovvvve
  • edited October 2018
    Signature
  • @GiftPrincess My computer always lags for me at the end of sleepy hallow and waters of life, I dont think I'll be able to escape
    Signature
  • Before the game loads you to the horseman, hold the right arrow key so right when you spawn, you’re running to the right to the barn. I did not know this until my brother told me, but Shoot (click with mouse) the horseman and it will make him run slow. So always hold the arrow keys and click to shoot him, all at the same time. You have to slow him down by clicking him, while also running at the same time. Good luck! It’s sometimes easier if you spawn closer to the right
  • edited October 2018
    Yes what @millsfan said. Also, when you shoot him make sure not to over shoot him too fast cause you stop moving when you shoot. In addition, when you shoot him, the shot only slows him for a moment and then he runs fast again. So just shoot only once about every second as you run. shoot once, run, shoot once, run..... until you make it to the lighted bridge and escape. Speaking of which, it is a covered bridge over a river. It does kinda look like a barn though I agree. -giggles- ;)

@Raven_Wildspirit and @GiftPrincess
    There is another way to escape which I used to do before I learned you could actually shoot him. Basically, there is a way to "hide" from the Horseman. However, using only the hiding technique (with no shooting) really only works if you enter the level toward the bottom of the screen. You just wouldn't be able to get to the hiding spot in time before he gets you when entering toward top. So if you enter toward the top left of the screen, I recommend the shooting technique instead. If you enter toward the bottom though, there are 2 trees you can hide between. He can't get you there and the Horseman just wanders around not knowing where you are. So when you first enter (if toward the bottom) run directly for those trees then hide there (trees picture is below). Then after that..... timing is everything!! Just wait for the Horseman to hopefully run far enough to the left side of room looking for you.. then make a dash for the lighted bridge. Just don't wait too long cause you are on a timer. So keep an eye on how much time you have left to escape. You can also use a combination of both techniques where you "shoot, run, shoot, run" and hide as well. All depends which way works best for you and how you enter the level. I also want to mention that I have an online video of me escaping using the tree hiding technique for extra reference. If interested, do an internet search for "How to Escape the Headless Horseman in VFK". It should come up when you search it. Let me know if you still have any questions about how to escape. I am here to help!! :)

(Picture of the hiding trees below)

Note: Make sure you are are hiding between the 2 trees on the right side inside the circle and not between the 2 trees on the left side inside the circle. He can get you between the 2 left trees inside circle.

Headless Horseman Trees

waterfallglow signature

my signature was drawn by waterfallglow (me)! I did this completely myself using Paint program. :) ^_^

• Chyne said:

@GiftPrincess My computer always lags for me at the end of sleepy hallow and waters of life, I dont think I'll be able to escape

About lag, I don't know much about it except to clean your drive and do backups. However Kitten told me you can clone a drive and the are helpful resources online if you want to try it.

Tagging @Kitten

Another tip is to use your smartphone's app Puffin for escaping alligators. No lag for me using Puffin. The controls are different but the principle is still the same!

:)

tazzie grinzzzz by moi

LOGO from BLUEWIZ

Made by @bluewiz
    THANK YOU!  

mrs claus lovvvve
  • GiftPrincess said:

Chyne said:

@GiftPrincess My computer always lags for me at the end of sleepy hallow and waters of life, I dont think I'll be able to escape

About lag, I don't know much about it except to clean your drive and do backups. However Kitten told me you can clone a drive and the are helpful resources online if you want to try it.

Tagging @Kitten

Another tip is to use your smartphone's app Puffin for escaping alligators. No lag for me using Puffin. The controls are different but the principle is still the same!

:)
    I cant get vfk from puffin on my phone with the new version. 
    VFK sig
  • I have the new version I believe and it just asks me to watch advertisement for the flash player to be enabled. You can check the 3 dots on upper right corner and click "Request Desktop Site" or something and it will look like the browser VFK. It will enable the flash player.

tazzie grinzzzz by moi

LOGO from BLUEWIZ

Made by @bluewiz
    THANK YOU!  

mrs claus lovvvve
  • GiftPrincess said:

I have the new version I believe and it just asks me to watch advertisement for the flash player to be enabled. You can check the 3 dots on upper right corner and click "Request Desktop Site" or something and it will look like the browser VFK. It will enable the flash player.

I got rid of puffin for that reason. And it is just easier to play on my computer anyways. It runs the games decent enough and definitley a lot better than my laptop does.

VFK sig
  • edited October 2018
    There is no one cause for lag. For some, it can be RAM / Memory related. One way to test this is to completely shut down your computer (which clears your RAM cache), and restart. Then login into VFK (doing nothing else before hand), and play one of the games that cause you lag and see if its better. If it's not, an upgrade may be needed. This is by no means a catch-all test, and if you're running 2-4gb ram, you need to upgrade anyway as the minimum for 2018 games is 8gb. 

There is also a possibility of your hard drive being damaged or just slowing with age. If you want, I could go into an overly complicated explanation of why this happens, but its really boring--the way to test this is by playing the game on another computer with another hard drive. See if it's better. If it is, you can get another drive for cheap, clone it, and install a new one or reset a current one. However, as an industry professional, I have to advise, if you are not comfortable resetting, cloning or installing a drive, take it to someone who does! There are many things that can go wrong during this process, and I don't want to be held responsible for anything that goes wrong.

Other things that can clog a hard drive: Temporary files, which can be cleared from your browser usually. Viruses, which *should* be caught by an antivirus.

An antivirus can also be smothering your connection to VFK, but google your specific one and how to bypass it.

The third and fourth cause of lag kind of go together. Internet speed and connection to server. You can go online to do an internet speed test and then go to your provider and see how it compares to other plans. It may simply be you have the basic internet speed and need to upgrade. 
    Pro tips for this:
    • Wifi is slower then being plugged into the router/modem with Ethernet.
    • Many things can hinder a wifi signal (brick walls, distance from router, metal or other 'big' electronics (eg tvs/dryers) 
    • Routers and Modems need to be upgraded to a newer model every few years--contact your service provider to see if you need a firmware upgrade or upgrade the router in general.
    • It's sometimes worth getting your own router/modem, but again, if you aren't comfortable with networking technology/set up do not do this.
    Connection to server is something you really cannot help--the only answer is to play games when less people are on vfk.
  • Kitten said:
    That is hard to do when some of them have just laptops and not actual pc computers. they are stuck with their ram unless they get a brand new laptop
    VFK sig
  • @PhantomsAngelOfMusic

Not necessarily. Most laptops now have the ram in the back under the battery, at least Windows laptops do, I'm not sure about Macs--I know hardware replacements are harder on Macs. Plus youtube has TONS of tutorials, you just have to know your laptop model

But regardless, those are just ideas, and Gift asked me to help so I was just trying to pass on the knowledge.
  • Kitten said:

@PhantomsAngelOfMusic

Not necessarily. Most laptops now have the ram in the back under the battery, at least Windows laptops do, I'm not sure about Macs--I know hardware replacements are harder on Macs. Plus youtube has TONS of tutorials, you just have to know your laptop model

But regardless, those are just ideas, and Gift asked me to help so I was just trying to pass on the knowledge.
    I know you are just trying to help. I'm just saying that Chyne's is still running like windows 7. so her laptop is older. And no money for more ram. I got the magic for her using my computer so all is well.
    VFK sig