Plastic Straws (This or That & Questionaire)

As most of you in the united states may know, California has officially banned plastic straws? Why? Because they're harmful to nature, apparently. Now I don't really have an opinion on trivial things such as this but I am left with a few questions.

What about Capri suns? Yes, my favorite 'luxury' (meaning my parents never bought them) childhood drink. They're infamous for those annoying not-sharp-enough straws... for most of us (there was a kid back in 2014 who died by accidentally stabbing himself with one). My question is: What're they gonna do for their straws? What about juice boxes? I understand that paper straws are an option, but if these plastic straws can't cut into that plexi-plastic, how can a paper one? I mean capri-suns will not be the same without having to stab it and drink it's insid- too violent? Apologies.

So, Californians or well informed Nature Advocates,, I'd like some answers. 

Until next time,
In honor of...
  1. Paper or Plastic
    1. Paper
      40.00%
    2. Plastic
      60.00%
  2. This or...
    1. Capri Suns
      80.00%
    2. Hi-C Juice Boxes
      20.00%
  3. If you had to choose..
    1. East Coast
      60.00%
    2. West Coast
      40.00%
  4. How do you feel about this law?
    1. Confused
      20.00%
    2. Annoyed
      60.00%
    3. Unaffected
        6.67%
    4. Oddly satisfied
      13.33%
  5. Any requests for future topic?
    1. This isn't actually a question.
      73.33%
    2. I just need more interesting things to say. Not so controversial things.
      26.67%
"I'm not great with advice, may I offer a sarcastic comment instead?"

Comments

• Well this isn't so surprising since they haven't allowed plastic bags in super markets and stores for over 6 years.  I'm kind of the opinion that California is just nuts!

BTW I LOVE CAPRI-SUNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
    --
    64HBS56TE0AI TY Jessizoid!

• edited August 2018
    Plastic in general is bad, due to how much plastic is used everyday that goes unrecycled, and is dumped in a landfill, or even worse, into our oceans.

As someone who recycles a lot, I truly wish everyone on Earth did, because then we would not have environmental pollution and other the problems that stem from materials such as plastic not being recycled. Note, plastic CAN be recycled, but many people don’t even think/know to recycle. Plastic is one of many materials that are widely used, and that many people do not realize the importance of recycling.

Plastic straws specifically are thankfully on the rise of gaining awareness for their harm. Not only are paper straws sturdy, and make a more biodegradeable option, but if they completely replace plastic straws, it would help the planet stay clean, and most importantly help the oceans and it’s inhabitants.

Plastic straws are gaining awareness because (as I mentioned above), all unrecylced material that people CAN RECYCLE (such as plastic straws) that DONT get recycled get dumped in the ocean. This is EXTREMELY BAD and it’s affecting marine life greatly in a negative way.

Plastic straws hurt wild sea turtles because the straws get stuck in their noses :( it’s really sad because humans don’t take the time to recycle, all the materials such as plastic straws get dumped it in ocean, polluting the waters, and hurting animals.

It’s important to know, It’s not just plastic straws that are hurting the environment...all the garbage this world creates is just TOO much. If people recycled all the items that they throw out, the world would be much cleaner and animals could have garbage free oceans. A majority of recycleavle items go unrecycled, (due to people not caring to recycle or not knowing to recycle) and everything thrown in the garbage gets dumped in landfills and the oceans... it’s very bad. I’m all for plastic alternatives.

It’s not just plastic straws that are harmful, it’s all garbage...garbage we can’t help, the world creates too much garbage to the point where it gets dumped in the ocean, but recycled items COULD BE RECYCLED (which would reduce oceans from having garbage and landfills from being full. Look up ocean garbage pollution and how it affects animals, it’s terrible.

I’ve used a paper straw, and I was surprised at how sturdy it was. It actually felt more sturdy than a plastic straw. I hope paper straws become more common, and plastic straws could be outlawed because it would help animals and our planet.

If anyone doesn’t recycle everyday materials such as paper, cardboard, plastic, aluminum, and everything else, please research how to recycle, and the importance of recycling :)
  • I'm waiting for the day that this state will be divided into 3 states because not all of us share the same sympathy. I recycle a lot. I really separate biodegradable from non-biodegradable. I don't live near the coast. Those that live there must do same thing seriously! But yeah, it already happened, laws were passed. A coastal county implemented that if you give somebody a straw you will get 6 months jail time. Eek! So fast foods can't. If you ask tho, they will give you that TINY coffee stir stick/straw combo. More like an insult but yes, it's part of the law!!! 

:-h

ABOUT: Signed up: February 2017 Miss Clue only: March 2017 Regularly playing the kingdom: April 2017 hehehehehe...... Came for MISS CLUE, stayed for VFK <3

Miss Clue Mysteries Border 2 

VFK thiefpeasant from enigma 1
    tazzie grinzzzz by moi
    Snazzy beanieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    surfer and her secrets lol
    G FOR GIFT GIFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT Screenshot_1 VFK 000 winter65 VFK GIFTTTTTTTTT's BIRTHDAY VFK shy no shy scaleenigma questions my existence

LOGO from BLUEWIZ

Made by @bluewiz
    THANK YOU!  

santa claus listening to me
    mrs claus lovvvve
    mrs claus 2022 music question
  • Nice questionnaire!  man, I grew up on capri-suns!  They are my childhood!!!!  Not that my childhood is over, but you get the point!  I kind of feel bad because there doesn't seem to be as many kids things as when I was growing up.  And all the best kids shows have already come and gone and if you want good kid TV you have to watch reruns...total bummer

Why is it our fault if someone dumps garbage in the ocean?  I'm not the one doing that, can't we pass a law that says you can't put garbage in the ocean and be done with it - problem solved!  Besides paper bags leak...
    Cool just got cooler!
  • P.S @GiftPrincess that is one cool signature GIF
    Cool just got cooler!
  • 6 months in jail for giving someone a straw? Seriously? I feel like there are WAY better and more important laws to inforce then that honestly
    I joined VFK on September 22nd 2013 <3 
    400700_113340368867716_949336079_n
  • beagIe said:

P.S @GiftPrincess that is one cool signature GIF

Thank you!!!!! #fiiiiiiiiiiire #PrinceofThieves

ABOUT: Signed up: February 2017 Miss Clue only: March 2017 Regularly playing the kingdom: April 2017 hehehehehe...... Came for MISS CLUE, stayed for VFK <3

tazzie grinzzzz by moi
    G FOR GIFT GIFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT Screenshot_1 VFK 000 winter65 VFK GIFTTTTTTTTT's BIRTHDAY VFK shy no shy scaleenigma questions my existence

LOGO from BLUEWIZ

Made by @bluewiz
    THANK YOU!  

mrs claus lovvvve

• 6 months in jail for giving someone a straw? Seriously? I feel like there are WAY better and more important laws to inforce then that honestly
    Wow I agree @holly!  That seems rediculous, especially when we have so many other problems!  

DazzledreamSignaturemistymew
    thank you dazzlerdream for the signature
  • beagIe said:

Nice questionnaire!  man, I grew up on capri-suns!  They are my childhood!!!!  Not that my childhood is over, but you get the point!  I kind of feel bad because there doesn't seem to be as many kids things as when I was growing up.  And all the best kids shows have already come and gone and if you want good kid TV you have to watch reruns...total bummer

Why is it our fault if someone dumps garbage in the ocean?  I'm not the one doing that, can't we pass a law that says you can't put garbage in the ocean and be done with it - problem solved!  Besides paper bags leak...
    I have so many paper bags lol. We still have those thick plastic bags as an option, so I reuse it over and over. Paper bag only lasts for a short time, and not good with heavy stuff as you can imagine!

Yeah, pass a law that will be more stricter with garbage. Look at Singapore, you can't even bring bubblegum to their country! Brilliant. But honestly just more foundational and moral teaching for the next generation.... Is what we need!

tazzie grinzzzz by moi

LOGO from BLUEWIZ

Made by @bluewiz
    THANK YOU!  

mrs claus lovvvve
  • GiftPrincess said:

beagIe said:

Nice questionnaire!  man, I grew up on capri-suns!  They are my childhood!!!!  Not that my childhood is over, but you get the point!  I kind of feel bad because there doesn't seem to be as many kids things as when I was growing up.  And all the best kids shows have already come and gone and if you want good kid TV you have to watch reruns...total bummer

I have so many paper bags lol. We still have those thick plastic bags as an option, so I reuse it over and over. Paper bag only lasts for a short time, and not good with heavy stuff as you can imagine!

Yeah, pass a law that will be more stricter with garbage. Look at Singapore, you can't even bring bubblegum to their country! Brilliant. But honestly just more foundational and moral teaching for the next generation.... Is what we need!
    Exactly @GiftPrincess!
    Cool just got cooler!
  • @Holly Exactly! I get what you mean. And @millsfan I understand your view as well but like @beagIe said, why should the rest of us have to suffer because of the inconsiderate buffoons that live there.  And @GiftPrincess I suppose. But will we actually learn from this? We're only going to get more creative as how we can bypass the rule haha, at least that's what my generation (2003 + up) would do. I wouldn't expect much.
    "I'm not great with advice, may I offer a sarcastic comment instead?"