Change the Queue system

For the past few years, I understand sometimes it's hard to get into host(mostly specific events) because of the queue lines. It says it's full then it kicks you onto the count time.
Its rather annoying trying to get "into" queue for an hour and end up wasting your time. And we all can agree some certain clones are clogging up said events so it's even harder to get in (even unfair).

I suggest that the Queue system can be changed to the way VMK worked. You would literally be in queue and in line for host, past the minimum "queue line" (what? 14?). Everyone would get in, everyone would get a chance.

"But then EVERYONE can get in twice" well everyone already does in other events... and of course you'd be now waiting in line maybe behind 100 clones so there's probably not a chance

"It will be backed up with clones!" okay well be a decent person and don't put clones in to make it worse.

You wanna get into host or not?
art-starbucks 

Comments

• I agree with this! I'd love to see the queue system upgraded into something more... convenient. 
    Just seeing "The queue is full! The queue was updated at [time]" gets frustrating after an hour of waiting and no luck of getting into the event.
    ★☆★☆★
    butterflyaway
    If you'd like a signature similar to mine, please message me! I take requests!
    whistle
    ★☆★☆★

• well I use clones to get in because I never can..tho I will admit, I rarely even get in on clones.. last host I got into was the Easter 1..I like the fact that it would give everyone a chance to get into a host event and make it more fair for those who always get knocked out..hope vfk does this..
    VFKWeeklyNews3
  • EleanorRose said:

well I use clones to get in because I never can..tho I will admit, I rarely even get in on clones.. last host I got into was the Easter 1..I like the fact that it would give everyone a chance to get into a host event and make it more fair for those who always get knocked out..hope vfk does this..

I mean I'm not completely bashing on clones in this situation. I really understand that we can't get in and using clones can help. BUT certain people just literally clog the queue with clones....
    art-starbucks 
  • I like this. I think another good way to limit it, is only 2 accounts per IP can try getting in queue at a time. So once one of them is in and out, they can get back in queue again.
  • At one point we had an old line queue system...I wish we could go back to that.
  • UncleB said:

At one point we had an old line queue system...I wish we could go back to that.

oh yikes..
    art-starbucks 
  • Even the whole clone thing you mentioned wouldn't even be as bad. If I had a guaranteed spot I wouldn't log on a bunch of clones.. The reason people log on a million clones is because of the current queue system. They just want a better chance. If I knew I'd have a spot in line and that I'd get in... I wouldn't log on nearly as many clones. 

Another suggestion would be to cut the host room down to half the time of the event... that way the queue doesn't get insane. You can join the queue for a half an hour only(compared to an hour event) and when the half an hour is up.. if you're still in queue, & you'll still be able to enter the room. This way staff doesn't end up sitting there all night because the queue is extremely long and the event went on for 2 hours past it's original time. I think that would be fair for both players and staff that have to sit and lead the events.
  • NiceCutePumpkin said:

Even the whole clone thing you mentioned wouldn't even be as bad. If I had a guaranteed spot I wouldn't log on a bunch of clones.. The reason people log on a million clones is because of the current queue system. They just want a better chance. If I knew I'd have a spot in line and that I'd get in... I wouldn't log on nearly as many clones. 

Another suggestion would be to cut the host room down to half the time of the event... that way the queue doesn't get insane. You can join the queue for a half an hour only(compared to an hour event) and when the half an hour is up.. if you're still in queue, & you'll still be able to enter the room. This way staff doesn't end up sitting there all night because the queue is extremely long and the event went on for 2 hours past it's original time. I think that would be fair for both players and staff that have to sit and lead the events.
    I understand the better chance and know how the queue system works now, but there are a few some that take heavy advantage of it and bring ALL their clones in, which creates the problem I've/we've been saying.

I like the idea of cutting down the time for staff sake but if the same clone/queue system is still going on(i'm not even sure if youre implying that or not), that will leave no room for people who tried to get in people since starting of the event.
    art-starbucks 
  • edited July 2018
    @prettyredstone No No I meant cut down the time of the host event for staff sake under the circumstances that anyone who entered the queue between, for example, 6-6:30 are guaranteed to get in. Because if the event went from 6-7 and everyone who entered the queue during the entire hour were guaranteed to get in.. staff would be stuck in the event until 8:00.

• NiceCutePumpkin said:

@prettyredstone No No I meant cut down the time of the host event for staff sake under the circumstances that anyone who entered the queue between, for example, 6-6:30 are guaranteed to get in. Because if the event went from 6-7 and everyone who entered the queue during the entire hour were guaranteed to get in.. staff would be stuck in the event until 8:00.

I see I see.

@ Staff pls to petition this
    art-starbucks 
  • bumping this
    art-starbucks 
  • why you no bump..
    art-starbucks 
  • is it gonna bump
    art-starbucks