I Want Apps! (please i would so appreciate it)

edited March 2018 in VFK Developer Ideas!
Hi! I posted this on the DevBlog as well but I thought I would post it here.

Let me start off by saying, I would love for the entire VFK to be an app on my phone. That being said, I'm not really sure how well that would work and so I'm really hoping for a couple of apps that cover a couple of the functions on VFK.

The first app I would like is a messenger app. I would like to be able to see my IMs and my messages on my phone and be alerted when I get them. 

The other app I would like is a Miss Clue app. I would love to be able to look at the forums in a pleasing mobile way (I'm gonna be honest, this looks kind of horrible in my Safari app). I would also like to be notified when I have a message or when someone has commented on a thread or tagged me. (I also wouldn't mind if this was just an email notification, but an app would be way cool!)

Ok I think that's it. Thanks! :)

Comments

• @AwesomeX Had a post a while ago about this. As long as VFK uses flash, we cannot use VFK on apple devices.
    MandaBear
     #VFKSummer2023

• edited March 2018
    @MandaBear  I don't even pretend to understand how all of this works (rofl) but somehow the Puffin app works on my iPhone? It's just still the desktop site so it's a little tough but still doable! :) So I wasn't sure if somehow someone would be able to just make the messages work on there. I am sort of convinced that there's a way to make a miss clue site app though lol (I'm not sure why I'm so convinced of this).
  • @HoneyBee oic. There's classes to learn how to make iPhone apps. Don't know much about that.
    MandaBear
     #VFKSummer2023

• Ooo.... Apps! :D That will be frigging awesome!

ABOUT: Signed up: February 2017 Miss Clue only: March 2017 Regularly playing the kingdom: April 2017 hehehehehe...... Came for MISS CLUE, stayed for VFK <3

Miss Clue Mysteries Border 2 

VFK thiefpeasant from enigma 1
    tazzie grinzzzz by moi
    Snazzy beanieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    surfer and her secrets lol
    G FOR GIFT GIFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT Screenshot_1 VFK 000 winter65 VFK GIFTTTTTTTTT's BIRTHDAY VFK shy no shy scaleenigma questions my existence

LOGO from BLUEWIZ

Made by @bluewiz
    THANK YOU!  

santa claus listening to me
    mrs claus lovvvve
    mrs claus 2022 music question
  • For iPhones you can download the Puffin app.. It will be the browser version of VFK. :)

1aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  • Yeah, I'm always on Puffin checking Miss Clue forum and playing a bit of VFK when I'm not home. LOL! Easier for me to do word search there, and furniture exchange actually. Lots of tapping, instead of clicking.

ABOUT: Signed up: February 2017 Miss Clue only: March 2017 Regularly playing the kingdom: April 2017 hehehehehe...... Came for MISS CLUE, stayed for VFK <3

tazzie grinzzzz by moi
    G FOR GIFT GIFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT Screenshot_1 VFK 000 winter65 VFK GIFTTTTTTTTT's BIRTHDAY VFK shy no shy scaleenigma questions my existence

LOGO from BLUEWIZ

Made by @bluewiz
    THANK YOU!  

mrs claus lovvvve
  • I like these ideas! I think a notification IN game for miss clue would be handy as well. I know a long time ago there were people talking about this so I really hope they can do it. 
    I joined VFK on September 22nd 2013 <3 
    400700_113340368867716_949336079_n
  • MandaBear said:

@AwesomeX Had a post a while ago about this. As long as VFK uses flash, we cannot use VFK on apple devices.

Yep! Flash is becoming very outdated and prone to exploits (basically it's insecure) so companies like Apple and Microsoft are moving away from it. That's why I was so curious about the issue as it concerns VFK, and what their next steps are, because Flash is obviously integral to VFK's existence as it currently stands.

goodboye
  • I think the more platforms to play vfk is good, but you can’t do certain things on a phone compared to a computer with a keyboard and mouse (for example playing vfk mini games)
  • How do you get VFK to work on Android phones?
  • @millsfan I totally agree. I would really just love something to be able to message/IM/trade on VFK when I'm on the go!
  • millsfan said:

I think the more platforms to play vfk is good, but you can’t do certain things on a phone compared to a computer with a keyboard and mouse (for example playing vfk mini games)

I tried playing Fireworks using Puffin! Nope, not happening, because of the different buttons. However I'm enjoying Waters of Life with it and prolly will be the only mini game that will work with it.

I also for fun tried playing Miss Clue! Yippee and it's totally doable! Word search is also good in Puffin as well as crossword when you're on the go!

tazzie grinzzzz by moi

LOGO from BLUEWIZ

Made by @bluewiz
    THANK YOU!  

mrs claus lovvvve