VFK Halloween Contest Judging!

edited November 2017 in General
Hey guys! Hope you had an awesome Halloween!! That means it’s time for JUDGING!! This is a discussion for your favorite rooms while judging! Just don’t say which is yours!

Happy Judging! :D

EDIT: I’m doing my judging and WOW everyone brought their A-game this year!!

Comments

• I got a lot of clone rooms sadly however the rooms that I got that weren't clone rooms were really good. The best rooms I got were.
    1. Dragon manor
    2. a room that was based on a wild west ghost town 
    3. a farm room
    cutelina
  • aaahhh!! I love judging time just so I can see all of the different ideas/themes! GL to all :)

1aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  • OMG I can't wait to see the rooms!! Awesome discussion Cars! :D
    I joined VFK on September 22nd 2013 <3 
    400700_113340368867716_949336079_n
  • Liked the room with christmas town in it

tenor
  • If I get one more room based on trick-or-treating, I'm gonna go beserk 
  • lol @Bellatrix!
    Sheep_Trimmed blossomflower Sheep_Trimmed  - Just ask if you'd like me to make you a GIF or Sig Bar!
  • I think it's a little unfair that a lot of rooms on boards are for sure clones. We need a petition to make It one room per IP entered for contests. If there are families, they can work together on a room with perms or give each other ideas. This would take away from lots of cheating.
  • I saw a really epic Mickey and Mini mouse that looked to be made out of eggs.. I wish we can judge more rooms.. they are all fantastic! :)
    VFKWeeklyNews3
  • Perpetual_Fighter said:

I think it's a little unfair that a lot of rooms on boards are for sure clones. We need a petition to make It one room per IP entered for contests. If there are families, they can work together on a room with perms or give each other ideas. This would take away from lots of cheating.

WORD. I feel this. Almost all of the rooms I had to judge were for sure clone rooms, which all ended getting zero stars from me. >:P
    ★☆★☆★
    butterflyaway
    If you'd like a signature similar to mine, please message me! I take requests!
    whistle
    ★☆★☆★

• What really bothers me is that those who make clones and enter the contest will know which room is theirs. If the clone gets that room they give it five stars to boost their own score and it's so frustrating. Some people work really hard on their rooms and get a low score. It's just not fair.
  • edited November 2017
    I asked about this myself and Staff said they make sure everything is fair and balanced, so if anyone is going through rating every room 1 star, or trying to cheat the contest it wouldn't do them any good.

I'm sorry if anyone got my room, it is pretty lame lol  :-q
    Sheep_Trimmed blossomflower Sheep_Trimmed  - Just ask if you'd like me to make you a GIF or Sig Bar!
  • OMG @SouthernSkyes You're on the board!!  That's so cool! I'll cross my fingers you stay on it! :)

GOLDENPUPPYgoldenpuppypicturetacocatTHANKS TACOCAT!!

• edited November 2017
    goldenpuppy said:

OMG @SouthernSkyes You're on the board!!  That's so cool! I'll cross my fingers you stay on it! :)

Thank you! :) I placed a couple years ago in a gingerbread competition so I figured I would try for the Halloween one. I watched myself go from 50 to 100 though :( doesn't look like the outcome is going to be good.
  • edited November 2017
    Oh that doesn't mean a thing!!  don't worry @SouthernSkyes it always does that, the time to worry is tomorrow!  Because as it gets closer to the end of judging people move less and less.  Also the way it works is this:

Top 25 get 1st place
    26-50 get 2nd place
    51-75 get 3rd place and so on!

Also if you get tied with someone that is place 50 then you get brought up to second place!!!  

Good luck I'd post my contest room but that wouldn't be fair until judging is over so I'll post it then!! 

• Yes the staff weed through the clone rooms so no need to worry about it..It all fair.. :)
    VFKWeeklyNews3
  • I think it's a little unfair that a lot of rooms on boards are for sure clones. We need a petition to make It one room per IP entered for contests. If there are families, they can work together on a room with perms or give each other ideas. This would take away from lots of cheating.
    Hi,

Yes, judging empty clone rooms is annoying, but I think the best approach VFK should take with helping judging be more fun (seeing real creations) would be for staff to cancel out ALL CLONE rooms before judging starts.  Limiting entry to 1 per house would not work well for a family game.  My brother is not a builder, but if he wanted to try to enter, and I have my room, we should both be able to enter to try to earn our own trophy.  

Families do play this game, so it's something they must keep in mind before making adjustments. Simply getting the clone rooms out of the judging system will let players judge rooms that are intended to get judged.
  • edited November 2017
    Jessizoid said:

Perpetual_Fighter said:

I think it's a little unfair that a lot of rooms on boards are for sure clones. We need a petition to make It one room per IP entered for contests. If there are families, they can work together on a room with perms or give each other ideas. This would take away from lots of cheating.

WORD. I feel this. Almost all of the rooms I had to judge were for sure clone rooms, which all ended getting zero stars from me. >:P
    Right! I'm seeing lots of clones on the boards haha, it blows cause I'm not even on there yet.

Edit: oh wow I am on the overall score board in the 90s! That's wild.
  • edited November 2017
    My sister plays sometimes too so if they limited it to just 1 entry per IP it would be very unfair to both of us who did enter the contest.. staff do weed out clone rooms so what you see on the board is more than likely real accounts and family members.. :)
    VFKWeeklyNews3
  • @Perpetual_Fighter your on the board you're moving but when I took this you were here:

95. Perpetual_Fighter2922

• And jessizoid is there too 
    101. Jessizoid2911

• edited November 2017
    I don't see me though but I don't usually place  I mainly like to judge and see everyone's amazing rooms!! although I don't think people like my rooms, this was my sand castle:

I think people think I'm a clone and rate me down, but I don't mind, I know I can't build like everyone else :)

goldenpuppycontestsandcastle

• goldenpuppy said:

Good luck I'd post my contest room but that wouldn't be fair until judging is over so I'll post it then!! 
    Good luck to you too! Also, good luck @Perpetual_Fighter! I can't wait until someone starts the thread where people post their rooms. I absolutely love seeing who made which room.
  • goldenpuppy said:

And jessizoid is there too 

101. Jessizoid2911
    Ah this made me check the board again and me and @Perpetual_Fighter moved up, how exciting! ^^

92. Jessizoid2951
    93. Perpetual_Fighter2951
    ★☆★☆★
    butterflyaway
    whistle
    ★☆★☆★

• @goldenpuppy I think that's my issue too! I worked for a pretty long time on my room, but it's nowhere near as packed as the first place people's are. I think that the bigger the room, the better people will score :(
  • Also I'd just like to touch on the topic of IP Addresses.
    While it wouldn't be logical for a family-centered game to permit only one account per IP to enter the contest, I think it's a good start.
    But unfortunately, there are these things called VPNs that can allow people to bypass this hypothetical rule.
    Virtual Private Networks, VPNs for short, are usually a paid service that allows its subscribers to pretty much change their IP address for privacy purposes.
    Of course, not everyone with a VPN lacks moral standards and has the intention to cheat the system, but I'm sure most would try.

...yeah, just wanted to educate. :)
    ★☆★☆★
    butterflyaway
    whistle
    ★☆★☆★

• Jessizoid said:

goldenpuppy said:

And jessizoid is there too 

101. Jessizoid2911
    Ah this made me check the board again and me and @Perpetual_Fighter moved up, how exciting! ^^

92. Jessizoid2951
    93. Perpetual_Fighter2951
    Woot awesome! I hope to rise up to 3rd place at least so I can get a necklace!
  • Jessizoid said:

Also I'd just like to touch on the topic of IP Addresses.

While it wouldn't be logical for a family-centered game to permit only one account per IP to enter the contest, I think it's a good start.
    But unfortunately, there are these things called VPNs that can allow people to bypass this hypothetical rule.
    Virtual Private Networks, VPNs for short, are usually a paid service that allows its subscribers to pretty much change their IP address for privacy purposes.
    Of course, not everyone with a VPN lacks moral standards and has the intention to cheat the system, but I'm sure most would try.

...yeah, just wanted to educate. :)
    Wow super informative, had no idea. Thank you for this!
  • SouthernSkyes said:

goldenpuppy said:

Good luck to you too! Also, good luck @Perpetual_Fighter! I can't wait until someone starts the thread where people post their rooms. I absolutely love seeing who made which room.
    Thank you! Good luck to all who are hoping to place!
  • goldenpuppy said:

@Perpetual_Fighter your on the board you're moving but when I took this you were here:

95. Perpetual_Fighter2922
    Thanks for the update!
  • goldenpuppy said:

I don't see me though but I don't usually place  I mainly like to judge and see everyone's amazing rooms!! although I don't think people like my rooms, this was my sand castle:

I think people think I'm a clone and rate me down, but I don't mind, I know I can't build like everyone else :)

goldenpuppycontestsandcastle
    Wow that is a very nice room! :) I did not get it in my judging lineup though..My sister and I have never placed either..I was hoping we would this time. Good luck :)
    VFKWeeklyNews3