Another Poem

"At the starless midnight hour,  When        rules with       powers"

What do I do with this?

Comments

• edited November 2016

It looks like you've done an amazing job!

Spoiler:

The poem you mention above should be the poem Jane writes to replace the one Clement will leave for the bandits.  The reason there are blanks in those spots is because you need to find the numbers on the Astrolabe in the Hunting Lodge.

If you need any help with this, you can tell me your date on the little piece of paper in your inventory, and I can tell you which numbers to change the dials to!

Here are some of the standard dates:

08/27
    Left knob: 1
    Right knob: 10

08/30.
    Left knob: 2
    Right knob: 2

09/01
    Left knob: 26
    Right knob: 14

09/02
    Left knob: 2
    Right knob: 10 

09/06
    Left Dial: 3
    Right Dial: 2

09/09
    Left knob: 22
    Right knob: 3

09/16
    Left knob: 3 
    Right knob: 18

Good luck!

-Mintie
  • Since I can't go to sleep anymore, I don't have access to the Library.  I tried all those numbers in the astro-lab in the hunting shack but nothing happened.  My torn paper comes from an envelope #23,14,7 on that.  A  small square of paper says 09 04.
    I've tried all these numbers, closing the astro-lab between each one.  Nothing happens.  What now?
  • edited November 2016

For 09/04 try:

Left knob: 8
    Right knob:  13

Jane should then write the numbers on the poem and you need to run to the Lantern on the Pemberley estate and check to see if Clement has left his note yet.  If he hasn't try to leave and Jane will say something!

Good luck!
  • If I can get up the stairs fast enough, I can't get the barrel open before being caught.  Where do I hide in the lighthouse? How do I get there in time?
  • edited November 2016
    Hi @torontobites,

When Clement is coming you need to just hide behind the barrels.  It's the second time you need to hide in the barrels, so that is great you found it!

Also if you try double clicking it makes your go faster!

Good luck!
  • What a nasty little game.  Before you're trying to hide there are "hot" spots all around those barrels.  When you're trying to hide the "hot" spots are gone.  The magnifier lights up moment shes says *gasp.*   At this point it is really a game of chance.
  • Now this last time I was tucked behind the barrels and they found me anyway.  There is a glitch in this for sure.
  • edited November 2016
    When you replace the note the bandits come riding up.  In that case you need to run up the stairs (double clicking helps)  And then use the lever to open the barrel and jump in.  Because they come all the way to the top of the stairs and find you unless you're inside the Barrel.

It is a bit tricky here is the fastest way to hide yourself:
    While you hear hoof beats and Jane saying to hide, pick up the lever so you have it in your hand.
    Then back up once so you are looking at the stairs going up:

Barrel3
    Go forward twice and click on the barrel:

Barrel2

Then open the barrel with your lever that you already have in your hand and get in:

barrel

Good luck!