Why do flowers exist?

Yesterday in science class, we were dissecting and observing flowers. It was a nightmare for my allergens but it was really cool. Until my teacher asked us a question that nobody knew the answer to.

"Why do flowers exist?"

I turned to my friend and shrugged while the room was silent for a while. A kid raised his hand and goes "So the bees can get the pollen and make honey, right?" But our teacher shook his head and goes "What if I told you the bees don't need the pollen?" and that got us thinking harder. Then you have the clown in your class that says "Well obviously so you can give them to your girlfriend." Of course, that wasn't going to be the correct answer. I suddenly got an idea and my hand shot up, I answered just as quickly too. "Don't some of them turn into fruit?" But no, he answered with a question. "Well, what's the purpose of fruit?"  "I don't know," I answered as honestly as I could.

So it turns out by the end of class nobody knew the answer to this. So let me ask my own question, Why do you think flowers exist? For beauty? For food?

I feel like a philosopher now.

"I'm not great with advice, may I offer a sarcastic comment instead?"