Letter From Mom HELP

Hey y'all! 

For some reason I cannot no matter how hard I try or how far I get in the game, I cannot trigger the letter from Jane's mom. I am wondering if I am missing a really small detail that was supposed to make that happen (or if it's really that crucial to furthering the game). Can y'all help me? From watching Arglefumph's walkthrough, it seems like it is supposed to be super early in the game, but I feel like I've gotten a lot farther and it hasn't even come up. 

I need my letter from mom!!

Thanks y'all. 

Comments

• edited June 2016
    Hi @ladylarkspur!

Are you talking about the first or the second letter from your mother?

Mintie
  • Hey y'all! 

For some reason I cannot no matter how hard I try or how far I get in the game, I cannot trigger the letter from Jane's mom. I am wondering if I am missing a really small detail that was supposed to make that happen (or if it's really that crucial to furthering the game). I
    Spoiler:
    I now have Midnight and have already gone to the mill. Jane mentioned the book her mother gave her...which I have not gotten. So I feel like my game glitched.
    Can y'all help me? From watching Arglefumph's walkthrough, it seems like it is supposed to be super early in the game, but I feel like I've gotten a lot farther and it hasn't even come up. 

I need my letter from mom!!

Thanks y'all. 
  • The first that includes the book
  • Hi @ladylarkspur!

Have you seen the sawdust at the bridge yet, and picked up at the dagger at Shepwood Forest?  Then you need to talk to Mr. Radcliffe about it!

Mintie
  • Thanks for the second reply @VFK_Mintie . I'm new to the boards so I'm all over the place. I have done all of the above! I think my game must have glitched...probably have to start over. 
  • Hold on!  I have a few steps I'd like you to follow, to help us determine what's happening!
  • If you could send us your latest saved game, it can help us find the cause of the problem!  

You can find your saved game, by clicking the Start button and selecting Computer.

A window will popup, paste this path into the address bar at the top of the window and press enter:

%APPDATA%\com.missclue.perilinpemberley\Local Store\saves

The folder that opens, will have one file per game-save you have created.

Find your saved game file (it will have the same name as your save in the Miss Clue menu), and send it to this email address:

support@virtualfamilykingdom.com

This will be very helpful in solving the problem!
    Let us know if you need any more information on how to send it! :)

VFK_Mintie
  • @VFK_Mintie I just sent it. Thank you for all your help and don't hesitate to let me know if I need to resend it or do anything else. 

• edited June 2016
    @ladylarkspur Thank you so much!  This will really help us to find the issue and make updates so it won't happen again :)
  • edited June 2016
    Thank you again for sending your saved game @ladylarkspur!

We looked at your game and it appears you need to look at the saw dust at the Ramsford Bridge, here is a picture where is it:

PIPsawdustPIPsawdust2

After you look at the sawdust the package should arrive :)

Good luck solving the mystery!

• @VFK_Mintie that's so strange since I definitely remember clicking it and her observing it, but maybe it reset with the "another chance" situation at the bridge. At any rate, your tip worked. Thank you so so much!
  • @ladylarkspur I'm so glad it worked for you!  That is an interesting idea of how the issue occurred, I will pass it on to be reviewed!

Thank you!  Good luck! :)

Mintie
  • I am having the same issue but I have already looked at the sawdust and still cannot get the letter from her mother. I've talked to Kitty about another highwaymen attack and still nothing.
  • @Guest662028 If you go click on the saw dust again, does Jane still make a comment on it?

• No she doesn't. I had already looked at it earlier in the game as well.
  • @Guest662028 Thank you so much for letting us know about this, We will be making an update very soon!

If you could send us your latest saved game, that would be really great! 

You can find your saved game, by clicking the Start button and selecting Computer.

A window will popup, paste this path into the address bar at the top of the window and press enter:

%APPDATA%\com.missclue.perilinpemberley\Local Store\saves

The folder that opens, will have one file per game-save you have created.

Find your saved game file (it will have the same name as your save in the Miss Clue menu), and send it to this email address:

support@virtualfamilykingdom.com

This will be very helpful in solving the problem!
    Let us know if you need any more information on how to send it! 

VFK_Mintie
  • I started a new game and I think I figured out why it glitched. I didn't write the letter to Ms Norton when it originally allowed me to, so later on when it let me write to Mama, I wrote to both Ms Norton and Mama one right after the other and when I called Martha to post them for me, it only took Ms Norton's letter and not Mama's, but there was no way to go back and write another letter or get Martha to send the other letter as it was no longer in my inventory. 
  • Yay @Guest662028!  

Great detective work!!  Thanks for letting us know this, we'll look into it further and see if we can make some updates!

Good luck!

If you need any hints just let me know!

-Mintie!