Attic key

I cannot find attic key. I am so confused. Been playing for weeks and nowhere besides finding midnight and milk but what after that?Any hints please? 

Comments

• Howdy @Guest655933,

I'm not sure exactly where you are, so here are some questions and you can tell me what you have done, and I can tell you where to go from there :)

Have you bought midnight yet? 
    Also have you gotten the telescope and put it on the stand?
    Have you been to the hunting lodge?
    Have you shot down the cloth in Shepwood Forest?
    Have you found the french note at the Bridge?
    Have you found the poem in the trash after talking to kitty?

-Mintie

• Yes, I have bought midnight and ride her to the mill. I have gotten telescope and put it on and looked through it.I have been to hunting lodge.I also have gotten the cloth.I have gotten the note and translated it.I also have found the poem. I just found the note on sqeaky step. And I don't know where to go from there.
  • edited June 2016
    Excellent @Guest655933!  It sounds like you have been doing a fantastic job!

Okay if you have the note from under the step then you need to bring it to the hunting lodge and put the first numbers you see into the astrolabe! 

Spoiler:
    Like this:
    The  "Oft have ye heard my (Number)  strain"  is for the Left Knob
    And  "But now, (Number) for me remains," is for the Right Knob

Once you put the two numbers in Jane should mention putting the note back, if she does then you should put the note back under the step and go to sleep twice then go talk to kitty

Good luck!
  • Thank you so much!
  • You're very welcome @Guest655933!

If you need any more hints just let us know!

-Mintie
  • I do actually. I've looked at Shepwood forest and the bridge after talking to kitty but I have found nothing interesting?
  • @Guest655933,

is there a note from your mama on your desk?
  • If you don't have a note, then have your put both the french note and the poem from the trash together?

Also have you looked through the squint when Clement is talking to someone?
  • Yes I have looked through the prep hole in library. And also I have out the two notes together. I Will check her desk now though to see if mama left a note.
  • I got a letter from mama and now I am not sure what to do?
  • @Guest655933

Try going into the library there should be something on the desk now :)
  • Thank you so much. Now the only problem is I cannot get the right date in the astrolabe.the date is 09/09
  • Okay, just hold on :)
  • edited June 2016
    Okay @Guest655933, for the date 09/09 the numbers are:

Left knob: 22
    Right knob: 3

Good luck you're doing amazing!
  • I have gotten into the attic but now I don't know what to do? Is Clement t he bad guy? I tried to accuse him but he wouldn't talk
  • edited June 2016
    Hi @Guest655933!

First off, what have you found in the attic so far?
  • A chest that's locked,a rocking horse, pictures, and she comments on the necklace on one portrait, I stuck the name plate I found on the picture which was Isabella Lambley, a book in another chest which has the same name on it. I tried to go back and look at necklace in library but clement won't leave.
  • Okay now I have proven the lockets are the same. I just need to find Mr. Radcliff now.
  • Alright, she says the note is gone? It won't let me place the one I wrote. Now what?
  • edited June 2016
    @Guest655933 You need to write the two numbers from the astrolabe on the note, so you need to go to the Hunting Lodge and find what two numbers lead to the date you are currently on.  What is your date on the little piece of paper you have?
  • In the poem she wrote? The numbers are 657? The tiny piece of paper has 9/09 on it
  • @Guest655933 have you already been to the hunting lodge and Jane has filled in the numbers in for the poem?

If there is still blank spaces on the poem try going to the hunting lodge and turn the knobs to:
    22: Left knob
    3: Right knob

Once she has the numbers written go to the lantern, put the note there, she should say that the other note isn't there yet, try to leave and then something should happen

Let us know if you get stuck anywhere :)

• Guest655933 said:

A chest that's locked,a rocking horse, pictures, and she comments on the necklace on one portrait, I stuck the name plate I found on the picture which was Isabella Lambley, a book in another chest which has the same name on it. I tried to go back and look at necklace in library but clement won't leave.

Where did you find the name plate?
  • edited July 2016
    @Guest154754 Here is a picture of where you can find the name plate!

PIPPicturesplaques

Good luck!
  • I am so very stuck! I have gotten midnight and done the horseshoe stuff. I have plugged two dates into the astrolabe and on the last one she said, "that was the date Mr Norton was held up". I haven't gotten a letter back from Mama yet. I've looked at all the jewelry in the box in the library and have found the door to the attic but still unable to get a key. I've put the bridge fire out as well as found the two notes and put them together and have written to Ms Norton and gotten a reply. I have found the cloth and the dagger and spoken to Mr Radcliffe. I've given Pierre the pamphlet and talked to Kitty as much as it will let me and I have slept multiple times. Unsure of what to do next?? I don't recall a poem with blanks as I've seen in other posts so maybe I need that??
  • @Guest662028 It sounds like you have done really well!  Have you shown the cloth to Midnight and ridden to the Mill?  You said you tried putting the horse shoe in both Shepwood forest and The hunting lodge? Did you give the horse shoe to Martha yet?
  • edited August 2016
    Yes. I have done all of that. I got the note back from Martha also, telling me that it was Clement's.