Incredibly Stuck

edited May 2016 in Peril In Pemberley
Hi there,

I've attempted to watch a video walkthrough and read discussions in here but I still am very stuck.

It feels like the next step I need to do is to
Spoiler:
trigger the black horse appearing at the inn.  I've exhausted all conversations, I've received the note from Ms. Norton regarding what the bandits look like, I've found two sets of hoofprints, found a doorknob, found the locked attic, got the burning note, joined the two pieces of paper together, found the cloth and showed it to Pierre
and I've gone to sleep after doing all of these tasks.  What am I missing?  LOL!

Comments

• I'm going to go ahead and tag the people I know, know this stuff, and that help others.

cant think of anymore peole, but may I ask what chapter your on?

MISSCLUESIGN.#4
  • Have you sent any letters to Mrs. Norton yet? @Guest387406
    Being in school is like having your life sorted into a thousand little boxes...
    then having a legion of demons burn one every day.
  • Thank you for the responses.  I'm not sure what chapter I'm on.  Is there a way to find out?

Yes, I have sent the silver card holder thing to Mrs. Norton.  I got a response with her brother's description of the men.  I can't seem to write any more letters at the moment.
  • Hey @Guest387406,  Have you talked to Pierre yet, perhaps you have already bought the horse?  If you buy the horse from Pierre it will disappear from outside the tavern.
  • @Guest387406 if you talk to Martha do you have the option of asking her to have Midnight saddled?
  • Hi Balthazar, I talked to both Martha and Pierre and neither of them have anything new to say.
  • edited May 2016
    Hi @Nelza  I am not sure what makes the horse show up so I am going to post some questions to see if you have done them.  Also if this doesn't work you might want to contact staff so they can fix your game or start from an earlier save.  I can contact staff for you if you need me! :) 

Okay here is the list:
    Have you:
    Gotten the letter from mama and got the date for her?
    Received the pamphlet on hermits from Clement?
    Found the Lantern and replaced the telescope?
    Looked through the telescope and seen someone?
    Gone to the hunting lodge?
    Gotten key to hunting lodge from martha and gone inside the hunting lodge?
    Looked at hoof prints at hunting lodge?
    Gone to Shepwood forest and found dagger?
    Found Cloth in the Tree at Shepwood forest and shot it down?
    Looked at the horse shoe prints at Shepwood Forest?
    Gone to the Ramford Bridge and found sawdust?
    Talked to Radcliffe about both dagger and sawdust?
    Found the french note at Ramford bridge?
    Translated the note from bridge at your desk?
    Gotten Clements poem from the trash at the Inn after talking to Kitty?
    Compared the Poem with the french note from the bridge?
    Gone to the Fireplace at the Inn and looked at both the shoe lace and paper?
    Put the fire out at the bridge?
    Read the horse book your mama sent?
    Gotten the doorknob at the hunting lodge?

If you have done all this and the horse still isn't there I would contact staff.  Also if your need more information on anything in the list just let me know and I will post more details and pictures!

Also I don't know if this will help but here is a picture of where the horse is:

Spoiler:

BlackHorseTavern

Good luck Nelza I hope this helps so you can play the rest!  I love what is coming!

DazzledreamSignaturemistymew
    thank you dazzlerdream for the signature
  • Thank you for your detailed reply Misty!

I have done everything on that list... I'm starting to think that my game might be bugged.

How do I contact staff?
  • Hi @Nelza, I am a VFK Staff member and can help you with your Peril in Pemberley issue!

If you could send us your latest saved game, it can help us find the cause of the problem!  

You can find your saved game, by clicking the Start button and selecting Computer.

A window will popup, paste this path into the address bar at the top of the window and press enter:

%APPDATA%\com.missclue.perilinpemberley\Local Store\saves

The folder that opens, will have one file per game-save you have created.

Find your saved game file (it will have the same name as your save in the Miss Clue menu), and send it to this email address:

support@virtualfamilykingdom.com

This will be very helpful in solving the problem!

Let me know if you need any more information! :)

VFK_Mintie
  • Email sent!

Thank you for looking into this for me!
  • Hello @Nelza! :)

If you check your Email, you should see a reply from support@virtualfamilykingdom.com, including a new Save you can continue from!

Thanks so much for sending your saved game, it was really helpful!
    Just copy it back into the folder you got the previous one out of!
    Good luck!
    Mintie
  • I got it thank you very much!  I'm so happy I can continue!
  • Hey, I seem to be having the same trouble as Nelza... any way  you can help me out? I've done everything on @MistyMew s list a few comments above and the horse is still not showing up! The one thing I am worried about is that I don't seem to have one of mr nortons calling cards.... was I supposed to take one out of the box before I sent it? and will I need it? 

Thanks
  • edited June 2016
    Howdy @Guest848913!

It would be great to look at your game and see what is happening, If you could send us your latest saved game, it can help us find the cause of the problem!  

You can find your saved game, by clicking the Start button and selecting Computer.

A window will popup, paste this path into the address bar at the top of the window and press enter:

Find your saved game file (it will have the same name as your save in the Miss Clue menu), and send it to this email address:

Let me know if you need any more information! 

VFK_Mintie
  • Ok @VFK_Mintie I sent it! :) Thanks for your help!

• Thanks so much @Guest848913 we will check it out right now!
  • edited June 2016
    Howdy @Guest848913
    We don't see the E-Mail, could you try sending it again? 

The E-Mail address is:

Thank you so much!
  • just resent 

• edited June 2016
    @Guest848913, we really appreciate this!  We received the E-Mail!

Thanks again!
  • edited June 2016
    Okay @Guest848913!

If you check your E-Mail, you should see a reply from support@virtualfamilykingdom.com, including a new Save you can continue from!

Thanks so much for sending your saved game, it was really helpful!
    Just copy it back into the folder you got the previous save game out of!

Good luck!
    Mintie
  • edited June 2016
    Hey, so the black horse appeared now... so thanks for that.... but is there anything I have to do in order to search him or anything? I can look at him but that's all... I have
    Spoiler:
    read the horse book and gotten the thieves horse description from Miss Norton and looked at the hoof prints at the hunting lodge and in shepwood forest
  • actually... I figured it out! :) Thanks so much!!!
  • edited June 2016
    Hi @Guest848913!

I'm so glad he is there now!  Once you look at his white stocking, you need to look inside the saddle bag!  

More hints:
    Spoiler:

After that go talk to Pierre, then go talk to Kitty (she should mention he has a broken heart) , then go talk to Pierre again.  Once that conversation is over give him the hermitage pamphlet you got from Clement!

• Oh Excellent!  Good luck @Guest848913!
  • Hello,

I am having the same problem with the horse not showing up and I've done everything on that list. Can I also have you check out the game for me so I may continue? 

Thanks!
  • edited April 2018
    Hi @Guest216267

Could you give a quick list of what is in your inventory?  That will help greatly in knowing where you are in the mystery!

-Mintie
  • Sure! 

Spoiler:
    I have the threatening note, paper with ink blots on it, garden shears, shoelace, ornamental hermitage notice, dagger, cloth, key to hunting lodge, bow and arrow, two coins, gloves, french note (which I've already translated), Clements poem
  • Thank you so much!  It looks like you're doing a fantastic job solving the mystery!  Reviewing your latest saved game would tell us exactly why the horse hasn't shown up, if you would like to send us the saved game just follow the instructions below!

Let me know if you need any more information! 

VFK_Mintie
  • I've sent the email along with my saved game! Thank you for helping :) 
  • Thank you very much @Guest216267!  

We received the e-mail and are reviewing your game now!

-Mintie