Captain Warlock - Chapter 3 - Walkthrough

2»

Comments

• Hello VFK Mintie,

I have the same problem that Cydlock has where the bar tender gives me the repeat chat option, I keep looping on the robot attack mini game, and no one is in the "barn" area working on my snow mobile. Could you possibly help with that re-set. ? I've killed enough robots for this to be terminator generation LOL
    Thanks.
    KAte
  • Hi @Guest170657!

Hold on just a moment!
  • Oh wow Thank you so much! You're so fast! I really do appreciate this!
    -Kate
  • edited November 2016
    Hi Kate, @Guest170657!

Would you like me to put you where you need to navigate to the small room at the back of the barn, that the holster offers to let you sleep in.  Or would you like to be set so you can start chapter 4?

-Mintie
  • There was also a general request for any tips for game play improvements. I would highly suggest working on improving the movement of the cursor in terms of fluidity and response time. It seems to be a bit slow and lag. Just comparing this with the cursor movements in the Her Interactive point and click Nancy Drew games. (I've also notice this with miss clue).

And it would be WONDERFUL if the company initiated a dialogue skip button so that you could re-play the game and not have to listen to the very long dialogue a second time.
    Those are my only two tips :) hope that helps.
  • Why don't we start with the small room. And if that doesn't work I'll let yo know and we can skip to chapter 4 :)
    Thanks again
  • Those are some great ideas!  we are always working to improve speed and functionality and make update all the time. So feedback is so helpful!

Also the suggestion to skip dialogue sounds like it could be very useful especially for replaying like you mention.  Would you prefer skip for all conversations or just longer ones?

-Mintie
  • It would be nice to just have a little arrow button at the bottom of the dialogue box so that you can skip to the character's next sentence. So you're skipping their question and Captain (or whatever main character you're playing as dialogue). That way with 3 or 4 clicks you can just speed through the dialogue but if you need to remember important directions like "Go to the room on the left" etc. You don't miss it on the second or multiple play throughs. Cause then you were be stuck with no idea what to do next. LOL that wouldn't be fun. I know the Her Interactive games use that function now for all their games.

I've also noticed in some of the Miss Clue games the screens (eg. in the barn at night in Salem) are very dark and hard to see so maybe bringing up the resolution on them a bit. It's often hard to find items . And I have turned my computer brightness up all the way.
    Hope that helps
  • I've opened up Captain Warlock again and the door is not highlighting as an option. So perhaps we should just skip ahead to chapter 4?
    Thanks.
    Kate
  • Oh I was just coming to say you're all set to continue.  Try exiting out and going back in! :)
  • The barn should highlight now!
  • edited November 2016
    We really appreciate all the feedback, I'll pass it on!  
  • Alright. I'll exit out and start up again. Hopefully it works.
    Will the Miss clue games ever be sold as CD copies similar to the nancy Drew games, or are you going to stay as online access only. Either way I'm really enjoying the games and seeing how the company and artists are improving and growing with each game.
  • Glad it's helpful. If I come up with any other ideas I'll let you know.

Oh also making it easier to put items back in your inventory would be great. As it is now you have to have the cursor more to the bottom of the screen and less in the inventory box which is a bit odd at first until you catch it. So that's something small.
  • It worked! Thank you!. hopefully these glitches can be fixed soon so that no one else gets stuck :) I'll let you know if anything else is buggy in the next few chapters. I've also noticed with the slow cursor response it makes the shooting games much more difficult.

I'd love to see a Miss Clue that takes place in Bath, England during the festivals. That way Jane could attend a ball like all of Austen's heroine's do. Maybe something having to do with blackmail or stolen inheritances. Maybe proving that one character is to inherit or allowing a young man who wants to join the church to be able to do so (like the character in Sense and Sensibility). anyway just random idea. I'm excited to hear what new projects Miss Clue will have.
  • Those are a lot of great ideas!  I can't reveal very much about the new game coming out in February, which will be the download type like Peril in Pemberley, where you download and install,  but based on your comment I think you will really enjoy it!
    I'm so glad it's working and definitely let us know if you encounter anything!

-Mintie
  • Alright. Thanks Mintie.

It would also be neat if there were rewards for doing certain things at the end of the game eg. eating all the food options, winning a board game, doing a task in record time. etc. those are always fun.
  • edited November 2016

Also an in game watch or clock would be nice too. To see where we are in the day as the game progresses.
  • edited November 2016

You have a lot of awesome ideas, we'll have to look into all of them!  The clock would be interesting and a bit tricky at the same time, as some of the games don't turn to night until all of your tasks are complete.  Its definitely something worth considering and could be very useful!

It seems you are very experienced in these types of games!

I hope you have a wonderful evening. :)

-Mintie
  • Hey Mintie,

Do you have any tips for the punching games in ch five of Captain Warlock. I just can't move the mouse fast enough. Does the game decrease the difficulty level if you fail a certain number of times. I have a track pad mouse so it's hard to react quickly to these type of challenges.
    Thanks
  • Oh I can imagine your difficulty there!  Hmm, I can't remember if for that particular challenge there is difficulty level that decreases as your go.  I will go check.

My advise for fighting is aim for his forehead and click as fast as you can.  Also with your mouse, if you like I can give you a little extra help in the fight and put you just after you win if you need. :)
  • Thanks. I was finally able to complete it after about 15 tries. LOL my mouse track is just not as fast as a separate mouse. Add to that the lag time with the game and it's a bit frustrating. I was able to find a separate mouse to plug into my laptop which seemed to help.

I do have a serious problem with the driving part of the chapter. The game is running very choppy, the screen is constantly flashing and my movements are at about half time so that I can't even drive the car. Is there any way to fix this problem with the game? Has anyone else complained of this glitch?
    Thanks.
  • Hi @Katerina,

That is quite an interesting problem, I don't recall seeing anyone mention having this before!  What type of machine are you trying it on? (e.g. Netbook, Laptop, desktop, etc.)  

Also, are you using Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer as your browser?
    Google makes a concerted effort to have their browser run as smooth as possible on all types of hardware, so if you aren't testing using Chrome already it might be worth a try to see if it makes a difference!

-Mintie

• Hi Mintie,
    I'm playing on a mac laptop using firefox. I've tried logging in and out repeatedly but it still glitches up at the start of the race.
    Would it be possible to skip to after the race in the game?
    Thanks
  • Hi again @Katerina! :)

This is great to know, thank you so much for the information!  I thought since it wasn't working properly for you last night, I would set you right after the race while we looked into it.  I just checked and it looks like you were able to complete the chapter and are on Chapter VI now!  Nice work!

Good luck!

-Mintie

• @VFK_Mintie the robots are not loading for me in the robot fight :((
    lajls2