Astrolabe, after finding note under stairs

Comments

• The date on the little piece of paper is 09/16.

Is there a way to solve the puzzle without being given the solution or is it just trial and error?  If it is just trial and error, then I'm happy to receive the solution thank you. :)
  • Howdy @Nelza,

There isn't an answer written anywhere, you need to discover the answers by turning the knobs.

Try turning the knobs to:
    3: Left knob
    18: Right knob

Good luck

• Thank you!  Game all finished!  The toughest adventure I've played all year!  It beat me. :)
  • @Nelza congratulations!!  You did a fantastic job!!  Also, there are several Miss Clue Jane Darcy mysteries you can play by logging into VFK and looking under Menu!
  • I"ve got 9/5 on my paper! I don't have the patience...haha
  • Nevermind I figured it out Yay!
  • My numbers are 8/29. It always goes to 8/27 or 8/30
  • Howdy @Guest280849!

Try putting in this:
    Left Knob 8
    Right knob 5

• That did it. Thank you!!!
  • You're very welcome!  You've done an amazing job!  

Keep up the good detective work!
  • Side note: I have noticed that not everyone has the same numbers. It depends on how many days you have skipped ahead. My numbers did not match any of those. I actually got a date of 09 08 1767 and that was correct, so it depends on what numbers are written on the note. I don't believe it is the same for everyone though.
  • I know I'm late to the party, I got 9/6, and even though I've gotten on the astrolabe, Jane won't say it's right or anything. i'm thinking it's the wrong year? Anyway, I'm stuck, please help!
  • Hi @Guest186347,

There are 2 correct dates for 9/6 they are listed below:

Try putting in this:
    Left Knob 3
    Right knob 2

or 
    Left Knob 9
    Right knob 5

Let us know if you have any trouble!

-Mintie:)
  • both worked, but she still isn't saying anything. Was there something else I was suppose to do before trying the astrolabe?
  • Hmm, @Guest186347 Do you have the brooch in your inventory?
  • no. how do i get that?
  • edited November 2017
    That comes right after finding the key to the Attic.  Do you have a small piece of paper with 9/6 written on it and a gold key to the attic @Guest186347?
  • yes i have both those things lol. i must've skipped something. i've been up to the attic, had her look at that one painting and say 'interesting,' and then read the book on jewelry. 
  • oh and she says the plaque is missing on the painting in the attic.
  • Aha!  Okay, @Guest186347 that is perfect.  What you need to do is get the plaque from the gallery hall, take it and put it on the painting.  Then Jane should make a comment and your next step will be to get the brooch from the library!

-Mintie
  • where in the gallery is it? i've clicked on every painting i think!
  • edited November 2017
    @Guest186347  A hint to where the plaque is:

Spoiler:

PIPPicturesplaques

• found it! but now i'm in the library, i found the next poem, but no brooch!
  • edited November 2017
    One moment!
  • edited November 2017
    @Guest186347 Hint for the jewelry box:

Spoiler:

PipFathersapersjewelry

• omg thank you! i remembered finding that jewelry before, but could not for the life of me remember  WHERE!!
  • Good luck!  You're doing amazing!
  • OK, last question. How do I hide from the bandits in the Lantern? The barrels aren't working.
  • edited November 2017
    Hi @monty, take the lever out of your inventory and run up the steps!  When you get to the barrels use the lever/pry on the barrel top nearest to you and hop in!

Good luck
    -Mintie
  • don't kill me, but how do I block the door in the mill so that Clement can't escape? I've tried clicking on everything!