gingerbread competition rant

edited December 2015 in General
okay, seeing how things are going with judging, i dont really like it. this is my first time entering a vfk competition where people's judging actually determines what you place. i've done the ones before there was such a thing as a contest boutique. i really think that this shouldnt be acceptable on certain conditions, and i would like to see if you guys can relate or agree. if you can, comment. if not, comment and state what you think.

1) people have enemies on vfk
if an enemy of yours gets your room, obviously they are going to rate you a bad score which hurts your chances of placing. i keep getting 0's or 1's personally which is placing me in a place that i shouldnt be in.

2)things should be separate like racing. 
for those of you who dont know about racing , its separated between stock (no race pins) and modified (race pins) race pins as in top 10 pins.
for this competition, it should be separated between people who did not give someone perms in their room vs people who did. my point with this is that obviously people who get help on their builds are going to be getting higher impression scores (or those select few that give people perms for the other person to build FOR them or others having their acc info and doing it for them. 

3)people misjudging rooms so theirs gets a high score
this i just cannot stand and is happening constantly this competition. i see my score drop so many points because people are giving me 0 or 1 stars on my ride when clearly it isnt. people should not be allowed to judge 0 or 1 star on every room (unless its a room with two gingerbread pieces then thats necessary) 

4)people use clones by having them enter in competition by placing a few items in room, then go on there and give everyone 0 or 1 stars on their rooms. 
this should be self-explanatory and needs to stop.
^ and please dont argue this idea that only IP is allowed. its not, its called an IP hider. 

i personally thought it was more fair when staff decided who placed. this way is making it unfair for others to place. 
my voice clearly wont be heard and ideas wont be taken into account but i just think this is unfair.
for those who worship vfk like its their religion and dont see where im coming from, idk what to tell you.
for those of you who can see the point im making, thank you.
if a staff took time out to read this post, thank you.

comment what you think about this! i want to hear what you all think about this. thanks!
(also, thank you for taking the time out to read my rant.)
(sorry if i seem rude here i just want to express how im feeling about this judging, its only an opinion, nothing against anyone.)
twd
hey, walker bait.

Comments

• I agree with this! People should stop using clones and cheating and that! I had a friend who is a building expert she wanted to help me so I gave her perms for her to help and it took days to finish! I'm praying it gets placed or else its a huge waste of time. She says it should at least get third so I'm hoping that. It will be quite disappointing if not.  I think VFK should make so only 1 account per IP can enter. But the problem with that is if a family plays VFK only one person in the family can enter. So if they set it to that and I entered then my sister couldn't which wouldn't be fair. Maybe they can only let one account per IP judge. Which I don't think that will work either. I don't know if that can ever be solved since there are sisters or brothers who play. People shouldn't give bad ratings either so they can win that's just mean. I'm always honest with my judging and I seem to get alot of effortless rooms which I assume they belong to clones. Lots of rooms that deserve to win never place cause of cheaters and clones and VFK should do something!
    "May the stars shine down on you."
    -Rosalina ♥
  • edited December 2015
    I agree with this! People should stop using clones and cheating and that! I had a friend who is a building expert she wanted to help me so I gave her perms for her to help and it took days to finish! I'm praying it gets placed or else its a huge waste of time. She says it should at least get third so I'm hoping that. It will be quite disappointing if not.  I think VFK should make so only 1 account per IP can enter. But the problem with that is if a family plays VFK only one person in the family can enter. So if they set it to that and I entered then my sister couldn't which wouldn't be fair. Maybe they can only let one account per IP judge. Which I don't think that will work either. I don't know if that can ever be solved since there are sisters or brothers who play. People shouldn't give bad ratings either so they can win that's just mean. I'm always honest with my judging and I seem to get alot of effortless rooms which I assume they belong to clones. Lots of rooms that deserve to win never place cause of cheaters and clones and VFK should do something!
    yes, exactly! thank you. whenever i am judging i get alot of rooms where there are just a few items in it and it was effortless, which means that person's main account has entered the competition, and they are doing judging on their clones just to lower other people's scores so they have a chance at being higher, which isn't fair.
    i do see where you are coming from about the brothers and sisters who play, but if people are on vfk at the same time together, it will most likely be on separate computers. so yeah, im not sure if they can exactly fix that, but vfk tracks what computer and IP you log into so maybe that can help just a bit.. maybe they can come up with something where its one account per computer or something on those lines.
    i just wish it was back to the old style competitions where it would just reveal if you placed or not. i don't like this confusing point system where you don't know how you are receiving or losing those points.

i have a question though, when its the end do they reveal who won what place? or do they just show what points you got and you have to buy the medal and trophy things on your own? im not exactly sure how it works.
    twd
    hey, walker bait.
  • I agree with most of this! But some parts I don't agree with. I'll explain.

I don't agree with the enemy part. When you judge a contest, it doesn't say who the owner is, so the enemy wouldn't know who's entry that was. The only way they would be able to sabotage is if the person shows the enemy their entry or if the enemy gives every room a low rating. I don't think that anyone would show their enemy their contest entry, and I don't think anyone would be that desperate to give every room a low star just to sabotage someone. But hey, people like that are out there, so I could be wrong.

I also don't agree with the clones placing a few items in their rooms then giving everyone else a low score for two reasons. 1: Unless someone has clones that fill most of VFK's population, they wouldn't be able to make their entry get a higher score. They're tons of VFKers that judge, so they could easily rate a worthy entry a higher rating, and in large numbers, they could easily overcome the clones' ratings. 2: People will also judge the clones' entries. If they only place a few items in their entry, then there's no way that anyone would give them a high rating, so they wouldn't have a chance in getting placed.

The rest of everything I agree with however. Hopefully Staff will make these changes! 

FANTASTIC! Thanks Taco!!

Signature By TacoCat

• I agree with most of this! But some parts I don't agree with. I'll explain.

I don't agree with the enemy part. When you judge a contest, it doesn't say who the owner is, so the enemy wouldn't know who's entry that was. The only way they would be able to sabotage is if the person shows the enemy their entry or if the enemy gives every room a low rating. I don't think that anyone would show their enemy their contest entry, and I don't think anyone would be that desperate to give every room a low star just to sabotage someone. But hey, people like that are out there, so I could be wrong.

I also don't agree with the clones placing a few items in their rooms then giving everyone else a low score for two reasons. 1: Unless someone has clones that fill most of VFK's population, they wouldn't be able to make their entry get a higher score. They're tons of VFKers that judge, so they could easily rate a worthy entry a higher rating, and in large numbers, they could easily overcome the clones' ratings. 2: People will also judge the clones' entries. If they only place a few items in their entry, then there's no way that anyone would give them a high rating, so they wouldn't have a chance in getting placed.

The rest of everything I agree with however. Hopefully Staff will make these changes! 

for the enemy part, i just mean that if the enemy were to see the room beforehand and happen to come across it, it would get a low rating. 
    about the clones, even if someone has one clone entered in the contest, if the clone gets the main's room, they are going to rate it 5/5, and everyone else's a low score, which does bring up the main's points a little bit. but i do know some people who enter like 10 clones into the contest and rate everyone else low to win. 
    the people who enter the clones know their clones won't place, but they make sure their main has as much opportunity as possible to achieve points. the people with the clones know their clones won't place. the clones are only there to make sure the main places.

thank you, though!:) at least i am not the only one who takes issue with this.
    twd
    hey, walker bait.
  • enchanted_star said:

I agree with most of this! But some parts I don't agree with. I'll explain.

for the enemy part, i just mean that if the enemy were to see the room beforehand and happen to come across it, it would get a low rating. 
    about the clones, even if someone has one clone entered in the contest, if the clone gets the main's room, they are going to rate it 5/5, and everyone else's a low score, which does bring up the main's points a little bit. but i do know some people who enter like 10 clones into the contest and rate everyone else low to win. 
    the people who enter the clones know their clones won't place, but they make sure their main has as much opportunity as possible to achieve points. the people with the clones know their clones won't place. the clones are only there to make sure the main places.

Oh! I thought you meant that they were trying to get the clones to win LOL. My mistake. I still think that their ratings could still be outnumbered though.

I also have something to add to this. I think that Staff should go back to having it go up to 10 stars. Example:

10 star way: I come across an entry and say it's worth about 3 stars. 3 stars would be bad with the 10 star rating.

5 star way: If I think a room would be worth 3 stars, that means it would be pretty good. But in reality, I would find 3 stars bad, using the 10 star way. I would have put 1 or 2 stars, but it wouldn't be what I thought it's Overall Rating would be. So I hope Staff will switch it back to up to 10 stars.  

FANTASTIC! Thanks Taco!!

Signature By TacoCat

• edited December 2015
    It seems my room was at 14 and now I'm all the way up to 51. I think people are giving rooms bad scores right now so they can win. Ugh, cheaters.
    "May the stars shine down on you."
    -Rosalina ♥
  • I'm sure a lot of players try to boost their scores by judging unfairly, but I'm also convinced there are a lot of players who don't. Nobody would get the "best judge" pin if we all cheated. There might be some people out there who make their clones judge because they assume everyone else is doing it, but that doesn't make you any less of a cheater. However, there is also the possibility that the players who always win are just great builders. I know a few of the "regulars" on the scoreboard and I can't imagine them cheating.. they just have a lot of practice.

enchanted_star said:

i personally thought it was more fair when staff decided who placed. this way is making it unfair for others to place. 
    I have conflicted feelings about this. On one hand, I would like to see how much the scoreboard changes, but on the other hand.. I really like to view everyone's entries. There are a lot of rooms that aren't going to make a place and the only way to see them is to become a judge. Maybe staff could make it so that everyone can view the rooms even if they aren't in the competition. Something like a slideshow maybe?
  • Totally agree with you guys.. My biggest problem/annoyance is that not everyone's room is seen equally. For example if you have 2 rooms that both deserve 5 stars, and 1 room is seen once and the other twice. Then the second is going to win even if both are equally good. But sadly I feel like some people who always win the top spots get strings pulled so their room gets seen more. Anyways good luck all! Hugs - Cars
  • OMG CONGRATULATIONS too all the winners!!!

I can't wait to see all your rooms!!! @CandyCars i am sure yours will be fantastic, because your sets are sooo cool!!

I know @LilacsDaisies I really love seeing everyone's rooms I wish we could see a slide show!
    skylambsignature
  • Wooo congratulations to:

AND @PinkyB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And anyone else who won!!!!

YAY to you guys!!!!  We should throw a winner party! I think I will start one!

DazzledreamSignaturemistymew
    thank you dazzlerdream for the signature
  • edited January 2016
    enchanted_star said:

I agree with most of this! But some parts I don't agree with. I'll explain.

Oh! I thought you meant that they were trying to get the clones to win LOL. My mistake. I still think that their ratings could still be outnumbered though.

I also have something to add to this. I think that Staff should go back to having it go up to 10 stars. Example:

10 star way: I come across an entry and say it's worth about 3 stars. 3 stars would be bad with the 10 star rating.

5 star way: If I think a room would be worth 3 stars, that means it would be pretty good. But in reality, I would find 3 stars bad, using the 10 star way. I would have put 1 or 2 stars, but it wouldn't be what I thought it's Overall Rating would be. So I hope Staff will switch it back to up to 10 stars.  

i completely agree with this! i noticed it was 5 stars also and i was like um.. wasn't it 10 stars? lol. its hard to judge now with the 5 stars because like you said, if its worth about 3 or 4, thats actually good on a 5 star scale so you have to give like a 1 or 2 star? it just doesn't seem all thought out. they should go back to the 10 stars..

It seems my room was at 14 and now I'm all the way up to 51. I think people are giving rooms bad scores right now so they can win. Ugh, cheaters.

yup exactly. people do all they can just to get a high score :\ wish people judged fairly.. i didn't even judge this competition lol i was like its not even worth it.

I'm sure a lot of players try to boost their scores by judging unfairly, but I'm also convinced there are a lot of players who don't. Nobody would get the "best judge" pin if we all cheated. There might be some people out there who make their clones judge because they assume everyone else is doing it, but that doesn't make you any less of a cheater. However, there is also the possibility that the players who always win are just great builders. I know a few of the "regulars" on the scoreboard and I can't imagine them cheating.. they just have a lot of practice.

enchanted_star said:

I have conflicted feelings about this. On one hand, I would like to see how much the scoreboard changes, but on the other hand.. I really like to view everyone's entries. There are a lot of rooms that aren't going to make a place and the only way to see them is to become a judge. Maybe staff could make it so that everyone can view the rooms even if they aren't in the competition. Something like a slideshow maybe?

i'm not saying every single person cheats, there are people who regularly build without help or anything, but there are those select few who use clones and judge others poorly. 

Totally agree with you guys.. My biggest problem/annoyance is that not everyone's room is seen equally. For example if you have 2 rooms that both deserve 5 stars, and 1 room is seen once and the other twice. Then the second is going to win even if both are equally good. But sadly I feel like some people who always win the top spots get strings pulled so their room gets seen more. Anyways good luck all! Hugs - Cars

i agree with this 100%

by the way, do you guys know when the contest boutique opens, and where it opens? 
    AND CONGRATS TO ALL THE WINNERS:)
    twd
    hey, walker bait.